My list so far:

Steering wheel

Shift Knobs

Shift boots

Center dash console

Window crank

Door latch bezels

Spare tire

Spare tire screw piece (sorry don't know name)

Left fender

Left door or skin

Left and right blinker housings/lights/surrounds

Left and right rear lenses for tails.

Front Grill

Exhaust

Head rest and mounts for Jumpseats

E-Brake boot?

Seats

Lower chrome on left hand side of Brat

And just about another million things. Of priority are the lights and lenses of course.

seats are not original. In a BRAT, you have the back glass directly near your head, Subaru deisgned taller seats to keep you from whacking your head into the back glass.

see the height of the top of the seat back

1979-uk-4.jpg

ive never seen a brat ad without the seats in back. and the steering wheel on other side being the only indicator that its not an american ad. its crazy that a tax law from the late seventies (that was probably meant to boast american light truck sales) is why i have these awesome back seats and seatbelts.

Guys I have been reading all day and need some answers form the people that know.

I was told tha the stub bearings in the tranny were bad. I have the Brat in the air ready to get at it but I wanted to make sure of a couple things. other than too much movement, how would I know tha the carrier bearings are bad?

The main reason I ask is because she is marking her territory pretty badly. It is golden in color and I know it is not engine oil. I truly believe it is the stub seals. So I bought some. I can't seem to locate the o-rings for the retainer plate.

So, the Brat is 32, possibly never had the seals changed and i don't have a special tool to remove the plate. I am more than willing to try though. Do I need new o-rings and if so does anyone have size measurements? Based on the fact she leaks like a stuck pig and sprays it everywhere, I need to do this.

To do it correctly you have to remove the plate. How seized could it be? Anyone tried this on such an old Brat?

And, I have a ton of Redline MT-90 in my garage but from what I have read, I Shouldn't use it? Is this true and if so, what do you all recommend? I know of the cocktail and 75-90 options but I have this stuff on hand. Please advise.

Jon

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...