Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Depressurizing fuel line to change the fuel filter 87 gl

Get a rag, wrap it around one of the lines, and wiggle the hose off slowly until it starts to leak, let it drain a little then pop it off.

Easiest way.

Thanks. Gonna go ghetto rig a ramp for my car now and check ************ out under there.

Another idea for general work under the car (if wheels do not need to be removed) is to get a couple of pairs of Rhino ramps such as these:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__6011659-P_N3400_T%7CGRP2042____

You can get two pairs for a great deal now, and with a code such as ES123, right at $50. However, I often will drive the Brat (also done this with our Expedition 4WD) up on 2 pairs ramps carefully and can inspect and work under the car easily. I have also jacked up the rear end of cars on which the rear ramps cannot be placed due to the height of the stop on the ramp, and put ramps instead of jackstands, so that all 4 wheels are lifted.

Changed the fuel filter. Depressurizing failed and gas leaked out. I just acted fast. ahaha :headbang:

There will always be some residual Fuel and Pressure in the line. This is what I have experienced every time I changed a Fuel Filter, Although, I never use a rag, I just let it poor all over and then left it evaporate later lol (I don't really care, as long as it doesn't get on my paint) :grin:

There will always be some residual Fuel and Pressure in the line. This is what I have experienced every time I changed a Fuel Filter, Although, I never use a rag, I just let it poor all over and then left it evaporate later lol (I don't really care, as long as it doesn't get on my paint) :grin:

That is what I did ahaha. Anyways I hope this helps and keeps my car from randomly dying, as well as improves my gas mileage!