Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new brat project!

shortysayhi

ab563852.jpg4eca944d.jpg0f065a8e.jpg

So i bought this today actually, still stuck in snow, got it for cheep! no engine and some kids dropped rocks down the ledge and they landed on it :mad:. Got a lot of work ahead of me i know, but what was see able was a Rust free/ minimal rust! :headbang: ! gonna do a Ej22 swap, and lift it making it a trail rig/ off road for the colorado mountains!

Damn you are ambitious! By cheap I assume you mean you found it and dragged it home?

Well at least it does look minimally rusted. ;)

I am a part time student. And fixed my car all I can. So gotta get a new project that will take a long time. And like 50$. But didn't drag it since there's still massive amounts of snow at my house (3 feet on the sides of my driveway). I'd say the worst part was the top of the roof and front fender

I've got a windshield for you when you're ready. :D

I might take you up on that, How much are you asking for it?

So I'm picking up (hopefully) a 1988 Toyota rear axle with 4.10 gears, then just have to go get everything for a EJ swap!! Deffinetly wish the snow would melt! :mad:

Edited by shortysayhi

So I've decided to not go for a lifted brat... costs to much money for my crazy ideas! still doing ej22 (looking at a couple this weekend) but its going to be lowered and a 85 d/r, with probably 5 lug swap, still with quite a bit of custom fab work... can't wait to get her home... once the snow melts...

Whats gonna happen with the rest of the car!? Looks real clean..

Im keeping it for parts for my gl10 sedan. since i can never find a sedan. It has 18X,XXX MILES ON IT! theres actually quite a bit of rust around windshield, and the underside of the frame is pretty bad, seat tops are ripped but besides that its pretty good, engine is leaking antifreeze into the heads or something (thats why it needs a rebuild)73293c75.jpg

This is something i have NEVER seen... its a riser for the 3rd break light

Where else would it go? its a 78 brat... which fallows under this category... if I'm not mistaken. or would it go in the 80's section since I'm putting a ea82. so it belongs in 2 sections, unless theres a new section where its just Car builds... but there isn't. sorry if you don't like where its at but its in the right category, you also don't have to read through it. not causing problems or trying to start something but I'm just saying.