Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alcan5000 started this past Thursday from Kirkland, WA

edrach

Day 3 is in the books. Per David's blog, up and on the road at 6:30AM; finally roll into the finish in Whitehorse at 10PM! No new pics but that's understandable. I've driven a 700 mile day (in the summer with sunshine) and didn't have time for pics then either.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I hate reviving threads but I had a moment of genius that I have to share.

If you go to the very bottom of the alcan5000 page you'll see the alcan5000 was won in 1986 with a Subaru RX 4x4.

The next alcan5000 winter rally is in 2016, the 30 year anniversary.....

I would think that if someone had an RX, Subaru would sponsor them to do the rally.

For the best chance at getting sponsored I would think the car would have to be mostly stock. and high miles would probably be a good thing.

It would be great publicity for Subaru "the worst engine we ever made, 30 yrs, and 300k miles later its still winning races, its what makes a subaru a subaru". Or something along those lines.

now I wonder who has a really nice RX and would rally... Turbone, got any ideas? :-p

I hope to one day run the alcan5000 with a lifted wagon, 2 foot snow drifts? yes please!