Ultimate Subaru Message Board

valve sizes, stock cam info

I'm playing around with Desktop Dyno, and I want to test the accuracy of the program. however I need the valve sizes and cam lift, duration, timing etc in order to complete the tables. I'm using the ej25 bock as a base and changing the bore/stroke etc down to 1.8l. Right now I'm modelling an ea82 spfi motor, but turbo info or ea81 info would be great too. I've found some delta cams slips from the cams thread, so i've been getting away with that and some guestimates on valve sizes. info on the cfm of the stock fuel system would be good but I'm guessing about 250-300 right now.

bump! This program is fun. I just created an ea82t with 500hp! :rolleyes: The turbo modelling is really inaccurate, but its great at modelling cams and head designs. I also made a 6.0l lambo v12 with 1200hp and 1500lb-ft of torque :D With my guesstimate valve sizes and cam design a stock ea82 spfi makes 90hp at 4000 and 125lb ft of torque at 3500 which isnt too far off.

the program is actually called desktop dyno 2000, I got it off Kazaa. It's an engine building program that gives you a virtual dyno read-out based on all sorts of info. Basically if you put the correct numbers in on a v8 build it should be within 5% or less of the actual output. For import motors its not so good, because it doesnt allow for different valvetrain designs (sohc/dohc etc) and its forced inuction modelling sucks (Lowering the cfm on the turbo will increase hp drastically to the point where your at 5cfm and you have 5000hp :rolleyes: ) Engines don't blow up in this sim, and the gasoline never detonates so you can run a turbo on 20:1 compression for some crazy power. I tried putting one of the delta cams measurements in and the dyno program didnt like them... I'd trust delta before desktop dyno though ;)