Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show - East Coast - National event - All Years welcome

New folks - this is both a Fun -NON judging event and a Showcase Judged Field for the creampuffs. Show up in anything and park among like minded people , or at least folks with the same make of car , and just have fun.

Carlisle PA - third weekend in May every year. Right on the Carlisle Fairgrounds where they also hold such National events as listed on their site :grin: - Chevy , Ford , Corvette , Mopar , Harley ....that stuff.

Camping on site or plenty of cheap enough places to stay. Swap meet , food , and MOTORCYCLES TOO !!!!! That started a few years back and has been growing - YES !!!!

Some really interesting European cars from all over. Growing number of Asian cars now too!

Throwing out random info here -

There is a place to wash your car FREE!!

An Autocross up on the little track on the hill. Wanna race for dinner?? :cool:

Huge area of Vendors and "Swap meet" with all sorts of tool suppliers , literature , paraphenalia - did I spell that right? , and food.

Also a KIT and REPLI-CAR show - some absolutely incredible stuff there !!! And they do a 24 hour build every year - last time I was there it was a little Porsche 356 replica.

Civic Center across the street often has an event worth attending or shoving the wife off to. :headbang:

We were in a good run of getting a solid group together up untill a couple of years ago or so. No big deal , we make it if we can and understand if we can't. But we do tend to bring food and set up a tent ,etc. and try to at least enjoy a meal together or more.

Saturday is THE BIG DAY. Showing up Friday night helps but is NOT necessary. But also , don't bother showing up too late on Saturday. Do try to be there early and stay at least thru lunch.

I hear that beer is good! That's what they tell me.

Any questions please ask.

Cheers !

Edited by moosens

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1982gl4

Subafreak

moosens

subeman90

not a bad start for Feb*ROO*ary.

Happy Leap Day everybody !

Andrew and Charlie are both interested - that's 6. Eric L. with the blue Brat is usually also into it , would make 7 ......

And of course if it gets close I'd toss in a few more bucks and register a couple of ghost cars. New people - you can register and bring up to 3 cars.

Looks like about a four and a half hour drive for me from C-ville. I'm always down for a road trip, but the financial future is shaky at best right now. If the stars align, money lines up, and the car's in it's right mind I'll be there. :cool:

Yeah , gas is going to suck. We're getting completely hammered here in CT right now. Tax after Tax after ripoff .....:banghead:

Only the regular gas is below $4.00 and that's if you pump it yourself. My wife is one of those people who refuses to fill the tanks herself......:horse:

The guy who just replied ....and Andrew ...and Charlie ....and I think Pete mentioned it back last year.

Three or more = few. :brow:

Me , I'm going for the free car wash and of course the thrill of hanging out with Jesse's '74. Andrew wants to get the '73 wagon there. Charlie - multiple choice , well most of us have that option. :-p But not quite like Charlie does. :clap:

My '78 is running pretty good now. :headbang:

?????'s :

Dave, Melissa ,Jon ,Keith ,Threaded Rod , Eric Lucas , NJ guys , there's still potential. ;)

If anyone is coming from the West and needs a garage for repairs(lift, tools,air tools, welder, torches, even a lot of 95-99 Legacy parts if not scrapped by then, etc.), lodging on the floor(I have 2 empty bedrooms upstairs), etc PM me. NO pets. NO stereo competitions - my neighbors and I get along and I'd like to keep it that way.

Ample parking

I'll probably be here that weekend and won't be in good enough shape to walk all over the Carlisle Fairgrounds so I won't be attending.

I'm about 3 hours away see link:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Carlisle%2C+PA&q2=Apollo%2C+PA++15613&lat=38.44777174658948&lon=-95.23234605789184&zoom=8&mvt=m&trf=0

Yeah , gas is going to suck. We're getting completely hammered here in CT right now. Tax after Tax after ripoff .....:banghead:

Only the regular gas is below $4.00 and that's if you pump it yourself. My wife is one of those people who refuses to fill the tanks herself......:horse:

Litterally had no clue that people could still have someone pump there gas. I haven't ever seen or heard of that in my lifetime.Guess in some areas its still available. Crazy.

Litterally had no clue that people could still have someone pump there gas. I haven't ever seen or heard of that in my lifetime.Guess in some areas its still available. Crazy.

In some counties in different states it was mandatory for a long time and still may be.

The county Pittsburgh PA is in (Allegheny) may still be this way. I know they were that way long after most places weren't.

In NJ and NY I don't think you could pump it yourself when I last commuted to New York city about 8 years ago.