Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show - East Coast - National event - All Years welcome

You know what they say about assuming don't ya??? :lol:

ok... so Bard=LuckyOne...

Did we meet before??? Maybe at Connie's??

Yep. Me = Bard = LuckyOne. Had an identity crisis a few years ago, realized I can't carry a tune in a bucket, and I've got a whole bunch of bad luck. Hence the name change. I don't think we've met before, though. I have no idea who Connie is. I haven't disliked anyone yet who drove a Subaru, so I'm not planning on starting. Well, except for that one college kid driving an STI with more stickers on it than it had horses (and it had plenty of horses; took off like a scalded cat on a highway ramp).

I expect to preregister by April 15th. My only concern is what time I'd be pulling in... I don't expect Saturday to be an issue. If I leave after work Friday, I'd be pulling in around 10-11 PM, after the gates close. I might be able to talk the boss into letting me out after a half day on Friday, meaning I pull in around 5-6 PM, hopefully before they close the gates.

Maybe I can find someplace to crash overnight nearby...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gate used to be open 24 hours (atleast some gates) and camping was allowed.

Years ago we used to go thurs night late, see everything friday, and get outta there before it got busy.

Then it was getting that a lot of the vendors weren't arriving until friday and I was mostly after used parts so that didn't work so well. So we started staying overnight in a hotel or day tripping it.

Haven't been there in probably over 10 years though.

third weekend in May every year.

Tim , second line of first post. :-p

All - I am pretty sure they are talking about gates being open for general admission and participants. Pretty sure there's one gate open all night with the watchman present. If you're late its no big deal because its a National event so they must anticipate a few stragglers..... like us.

The gate is open all night. If you pre-reg and have all your paper work I belive you can get in any time. If your not you gotta wait till the reg trailer opens in the morning. Last year we slept in the truck right outside the gate till they opened. :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK , my son and I are definite.

Very sure we will be heading down Friday. Leaving here as early as possible.

Hoping to hit a yard or two. Still not sure if we'll do that , but hoping.... Let me know if anyone wants to team up at Harry's or New Ringgold ,etc. That's Friday late morning into the afternoon.

Probably camp , but if weather sucks we'll snag a room.

No reservations whatsoever. I missed the regi. deadline , oh well. :o

Looking to get my '78 down there. Cheers!

:drunk: