Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Noob torque bind question...

I know I shouldn't be making a post about this buuuuttt... I cannot find a part number for the duty cycle C solenoid itself. Wife's 96 LSi has TB and putting the FWD fuse in it does NOTHING, doesn't even light up the light. I called subaru, they gave me the part # for the assembly which is $320... I'm in texas and for that price, the wife's car can stay FWD :-\

oh and don't say search button, I tried about 10 different searches

I have heard talk in the past that the solenoid is under $50...

Edited by Ricearu

Try partsgeek.com, I've had very good luck with them. I bought a duty C from them about a year ago for around $135. They even have metal oil separator plates for the EJ motors.

that's about the same price as I ran across doing some searches. Dunno where the $55 ones are unless that's a junkyard price?

edit; prices and selection look pretty good at partsgeek - I might give them a shot. last time I bought major stuff, it was from Rockauto and everything was fine.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

edit; prices and selection look pretty good at partsgeek - I might give them a shot. last time I bought major stuff, it was from Rockauto and everything was fine.

Doesn't look like the duty-c solenoid to me. Their price is close (but higher than my local dealer with my discount) but the picture is way off and the part number is meaningless. I wouldn't order from them.

GD