Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Retro GL-10 TURBO build

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#226 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I LOVE IT!!!

Subscribed!

#227 adrianscott

adrianscott

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

machine!!!! :drunk: ... wish mine had sunroof tho :banghead:

#228 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

^^ thank you guys

well i am getting ready for next spring and i really need seats for this car the factory seats do not hold you in at all :( ... ill put them in plastic in storage away so no worries lol.

so two choices

RECARO blue vintage $2500.00
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OR

RECARO LS in blue $1200.00

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this RECARO $350.00 seat there is only 1 :( which has the same colour !!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LEONE inside

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Turbone, 05 December 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#229 KootenayJK

KootenayJK

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • The Kootenays!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

LS all the way.

#230 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I like the LS's as well. I have Recaro SE's in my GL, and absolutely love them. I'm sure with either choice you will be happy. Awesome car by the way!

#231 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

LS all the way.

ya thats my pick also

I like the LS's as well. I have Recaro SE's in my GL, and absolutely love them. I'm sure with either choice you will be happy. Awesome car by the way!

nice ! with your recaros how did you do the bottoms ? my cars in stoarge so need to figure that out when i get it back.

i know the subaru seats un bolt in this car so its perfect for this, does it just lay right over and drill new holes in the recaros ?

so instead of getting those seats i went with some use old school mk2 jetta power recaros if im not mistaken.

ill get them re done in tip top shape new bolsters and bottom foam and what ever is need once apart.

the problem is finding the same fabric that subaru used, i really dont want to be re doing the hole insde of the car just becuase it wont match.

Posted Image

#232 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

nice ! with your recaros how did you do the bottoms ? my cars in stoarge so need to figure that out when i get it back.

i know the subaru seats un bolt in this car so its perfect for this, does it just lay right over and drill new holes in the recaros ?

For my GL (an earlier model than yours) the front two mounts on the Recaros were perfect and just bolted in to the stock locations. The rears I had to make brackets that mounted between the seats and the factory bolt locations.

#233 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

For my GL (an earlier model than yours) the front two mounts on the Recaros were perfect and just bolted in to the stock locations. The rears I had to make brackets that mounted between the seats and the factory bolt locations.

so you used the rails from subaru to the flat bottom of the recaro ? and the front holes matched up perfect to one another ?

do you have pictures or journal to view

#234 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

made it speedhunters which is a nice bonus

http://www.speedhunt...2/subaru-leone/

so future plans will be doing 400whp Dyno Dynamics with a new turbo GTX3576R coming in soon.

well i just got my extra recaro seat in, looks amazing. ill get it steamed cleaned to refresh it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#235 T0MCAT

T0MCAT

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Odessa, Ukraine

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

The car is really amazing! Beautiful combination of rare stock details and tuning components! Really nice!

#236 Timoha

Timoha

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Russia Tomsk

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Track this topic from the beginning, just an incredible job! keep it up!
take issue with the language translator from Google :) :)
and yet here's my album :) http://imgsrc.ru/tim...h/a557142.html? from date of purchase, and almost to the present day (probably half a year already unbootable photo)
and from the factory, I stood very same window visor but chrome
and finally have authorized account

Edited by Timoha, 12 December 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#237 suba74

suba74

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Russia Ekaterinburg

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

:slobber:

#238 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Track this topic from the beginning, just an incredible job! keep it up!
take issue with the language translator from Google :) :)
and yet here's my album :) http://imgsrc.ru/tim...h/a557142.html? from date of purchase, and almost to the present day (probably half a year already unbootable photo)
and from the factory, I stood very same window visor but chrome
and finally have authorized account

thank you !! and hello from Canada :clap: !!!

what is this ???? looks like UFO :D

Posted Image

:slobber:

:)

so i found another recaro seat which this one has the head rest i want. now i just need to find one more seat to match the head rest.

Posted Image

also found a spare set of track wheels for my leone, VOLK RAY's STi GC8. i'm going to paint a set of these some funky bright colour.

Posted Image

and still cant find fabric for my recaro jetta mk2 seats yet :mad:

#239 Timoha

Timoha

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Russia Tomsk

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

To you thanks! and Hello from Russia from all owners of Subaru leone!
It not the UFO is a chandelier :) so at us in Russia call, salon illumination green and usual lamps at an open door or forcibly and there still is the fan, it has two modes weak and strong, it probably is more similar to the filter :)

p.s. by the way on other disks looks smartly :)
p.s2. other translator found, he more best than Google much more think
p.s3. also can you can help to take the measurements of a back nave of xt6?
Posted Image

#240 T0MCAT

T0MCAT

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Odessa, Ukraine

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

so i found another recaro seat which this one has the head rest i want. now i just need to find one more seat to match the head rest.

Why You just not install seats from impreza Sti?
Here's mine, replaced from 2004 STI:

Posted Image

Looks and feel pretty good, but maybe it needs to stay a little lower (for me high seats is a habit now, after almost 2 years of use) :).

#241 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

To you thanks! and Hello from Russia from all owners of Subaru leone!
It not the UFO is a chandelier :) so at us in Russia call, salon illumination green and usual lamps at an open door or forcibly and there still is the fan, it has two modes weak and strong, it probably is more similar to the filter :)

p.s. by the way on other disks looks smartly :)
p.s2. other translator found, he more best than Google much more think
p.s3. also can you can help to take the measurements of a back nave of xt6?
Posted Image

i will find out but my car is in storage right now for the measurments.

Why You just not install seats from impreza Sti?
Here's mine, replaced from 2004 STI:

Posted Image

Looks and feel pretty good, but maybe it needs to stay a little lower (for me high seats is a habit now, after almost 2 years of use) :).

WOW very nice ! :clap: i have all ways used the STi seat in all my other build's.. this time i want something diffrent and lighter

so i got one of my set of STi TE37 VOLK sand blasted ready to get painted a colour that i have not picked yet, i'm thinking a nice glossy jet black but will see soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

also some oem subaru parts have come in, new XT6 front control arms. i have to problem's that i need fixing with these. 1 is the bushing end rubs in my subframe arm, 2 i dont have camber in the front.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ill be adding something like these to the arms so i gain in both aspects

Posted Image

also i have ordered another rear diff support mount, which i will be adding a new bushing in the middle to help with the flexing in the rear R180 diff. if your driving behind my car, as i shift in a gear ! you can see the diff flex, which all most looks like its going to fall out lol.

Posted Image

#242 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

For the fabric of your new seats, perhaps you could have the old cloth carefully removed from the stock seats and re-installed on the new ones? I wouldn't know if there is enough material on the old seats to cover the new ones but it is worth looking into.

-Bill

#243 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

For the fabric of your new seats, perhaps you could have the old cloth carefully removed from the stock seats and re-installed on the new ones? I wouldn't know if there is enough material on the old seats to cover the new ones but it is worth looking into.

-Bill

ya i was so thinking the same idea but these recaros will only be used when i'm at the track doing some lapping days, that way the seat can hold me in around corners.

also i have found some fabrics that will be good for what its worth, ill just put the original seats away for a rainy day.

so my rims got done ready to roll again, thanks to NVauto for installing the tire's again :D. So the other gold set i have will be face sanded and re painted gold.

Posted Image

one more thing that i need to add to them which is in the mail on its way.
Posted Image

#244 presslab

presslab

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 865 posts
  • N. California

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm curious to hear how you like the Potenza RE-11s, compared to the Advan AD08, as it looks like you have some time on those too. I've been pretty stoked with my AD08 but it's almost time for another set.

#245 AKghandi

AKghandi

87 GL-10 2" lift 27" tires, 86 GL 2" lift 29"

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

how much was the diff support bushing? if you dont mind me asking.

I'm not sure how this car can get any better but I'm sure curious to see what happens next.:headbang:

#246 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

how much was the diff support bushing? if you dont mind me asking.

I'm not sure how this car can get any better but I'm sure curious to see what happens next. :headbang:

i think the diff thing was 80 ill check for you 

lots more to come, i want 400whp on the dyno dynamics 

I'm curious to hear how you like the Potenza RE-11s, compared to the Advan AD08, as it looks like you have some time on those too. I've been pretty stoked with my AD08 but it's almost time for another set.

i really like both tires, but there is something about the re-11 that made me feel like i could push the car harder in corners and they where very quiet tires felt smooth.

there should be the new re-11a coming out that ill be getting

so i found another set of JDM Subaru FHI 4 pot 2 pot, i had them sand blasted and now powder coated red. i got new oem seals to rebuild them & some GODSPEED Brakes stainless steel pistons to rebuild them with, also need to paint the letter's on the calipers white and find a sticker for the rear. ill most likely sell the other gray set that are on the leone or use them for the next build that's going on all ready 

also got some nice STi Magnesium Valve Rocker Cover Set coming in, very excited for these all ways wanted them.

also its all most time to order my new turbo the S300SX FMW so i can make my goal of 400whp on a dyno dynamics dyno.

#247 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Can you send me a limb off of your money tree so I can plant it here in Colorado.  Dang you get the nice stuff!

Magnesium rocker covers?!  :blink:

#248 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Can you send me a limb off of your money tree so I can plant it here in Colorado.  Dang you get the nice stuff!

Magnesium rocker covers?!  :blink:

hehe buy low sell high i guess

i wanted them for so long the rocker covers and i think this build should have them the most.

so i just hand painted one subaru decal on the 4 pot, came out all right i think. now i need to find the stickers for the rear 2 pot some where. 

looks ok with the black GC8 volks i did in black.

#249 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

WOW fastest shipping in the world took place ! my GODSPEED BRAKES stainless steel brake caliper pistons got here :eek: i just placed the order like on Tuesday and there from the UK !!

time for me to get to work 

#250 Nico

Nico

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

think i found my 17" wheels ?????? by my calculator calculations it looks like they will fit. that means i have to get a set of STi Brembos up front.

if they don't fit guess ill have to put them for sale :( 

S202 STi RAY'S VOLK FORGED 5x100 17x7.5JJ ET 53

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL STi

FORGED MADE IN JAPAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users