Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Retro GL-10 TURBO build

Nico

(ECU adaptation)

so what we have hear is the female plugs i need from a stock 1986 turbo ecu that i destroyed for these plugs

6896910282_2b5db54fdb_b.jpg

7043007109_03b4c7fab2_b.jpg

then when Dov @ NVauto gets this in for me, i can connect the Vi-PEC 044 plug in board to my gl-10 from my legacy turbo.

30-2983_med.jpg

so got a little oem new parts in today xt6 wheel bearings, xt6 steering tie rod, mustache bar bushings, and new diff support. also have 2006 wrx 2pot rear backing plates, but i sent them out to a friend's machine shop to make a ring for the centering ring

7068911465_b4e55be878_b.jpg

this saturday i should have my xt6 rear control arms in, the ones i took of the xt6 i cant get bearings out the locking nut is rusted shut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sweet jesus:slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber:

LOL

well i sold my legacy turbo as is so im just going to buy new stuff like a STi ver 8 for its heads, wires, 6MT, then swap the built ej22t block i built.

so parts list is

VER 8 Sti complete

Vi-PEC V88

EXEDY ?? dont know yet maybe multi plate to hold the power

SPARCO seats: maybe, kind of want it stock but need support lol

Rims: gc8 and volk jdm if i can find them

Tire's : RACE SLICK lol for evey day haha !!

new rotor pads that wont stop this much power to weight lol

7149342649_f537ed0227_b.jpg

my rear control arms, that me and my dad had to make a tool becuase no one on the plant has one lol

7003256432_ecc5e14d2a_b.jpg

7003258732_cedca78e92_b.jpg

7149353071_cde696f3dc_b.jpg

little thermal coat so then i can wrap them

7003268406_f7d5587f8f_b.jpg

got some tubes to make my wastegate pipes longer away from everything

7003269964_d09a9b5ce3_b.jpg

Looks great.

Your setting the bar pretty high with a nice build.

I'm going to have to get back to fabricating to catch up..

I think we may be chassis and suspension tuning about the same time. Likely built with similar capabilities. I'm curious what your impressions will be of the chassis compared to your legacy and further to an impreza.

Sam

Looks great.

Your setting the bar pretty high with a nice build.

I'm going to have to get back to fabricating to catch up..

I think we may be chassis and suspension tuning about the same time. Likely built with similar capabilities. I'm curious what your impressions will be of the chassis compared to your legacy and further to an impreza.

Sam

Thanks Sam ! I got lucky I guess finding such a perfect Subaru so I could not resist on doing this to it.

I don't know how this car will handle after I'm done with it. as of now in stock form it's very very loose. From a impreza to legacy the legacy feels smoother with its longer wheel base and weight.

I'm putting coil overs and some white line products on the gl-10. I have a couple ideas on stiffing the car up. If that does not work I'll put a real cage in it

I don't know how this car will handle after I'm done with it. as of now in stock form it's very very loose. From a impreza to legacy the legacy feels smoother with its longer wheel base and weight.

I'm putting coil overs and some white line products on the gl-10. I have a couple ideas on stiffing the car up. If that does not work I'll put a real cage in it

So far I have a 6 pt roll bar, strut tower to firewall brace and alot of stitch welding. I'll see how this setup goes for me and decide on a full cage/chassis car or swapping to an impreza.

I haven't had this setup on the road yet. I can't really say much more than you did about the stock set up as my suspension was pretty worn out.

My goal is to get a strong stable car that can cope with 350hp, big brakes and 8" (at least) worth of sticky tire per corner without having a full tilt race car chassis. We shall see.

Sam

This is going to be one epic build, am watching very closely! :popcorn:

lol glad you like it man ! :burnout:

So far I have a 6 pt roll bar, strut tower to firewall brace and alot of stitch welding. I'll see how this setup goes for me and decide on a full cage/chassis car or swapping to an impreza.

I haven't had this setup on the road yet. I can't really say much more than you did about the stock set up as my suspension was pretty worn out.

My goal is to get a strong stable car that can cope with 350hp, big brakes and 8" (at least) worth of sticky tire per corner without having a full tilt race car chassis. We shall see.

Sam

im going to make a h brace like the other subarus have and fender brace, the rear in these cars look very tuff no room for anything.

ya my car only has 28,000km and is all stock so its really a new car, it handles good just not great yet.

cant wait to see your ride when its done 350hp should be nice in these cars. with 8" tires should handle like a dream looking forward to see your build