Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy Grail of all that is Soob....

A friend of mine recently came up to me and asked me about the soob that his parent's gave him.

So I take a look and it's a Full Time 4WD turbo GL-10 5 speed, with the LSD rear. It has a Diff Lock switch next to the shifter. Does that lock the front diff?

Since it's from California there is no rust and only 40k on the ticker.....

Now to try and convince him to sell it....:brow:

BW

So, what is so holy grail about this?? It is probably an 89 GL-10 Turbo Full Time 4WD, which would explain the LSD rear diff, since it was standard for that model year (it was an option of the 87 and 88). Any GL-10 Turbo from 87 to 89 would have the 5 speed with a center lock.

To me a holy grail would be a XT-6 Full Time 4WD with a 3.90 LSD, but then each of us have our own ideas on what a holy grail should be. Another one would be a 1st gen JDM RX, the ones we got in the USA were 2nd gen's.

Sorry bud , no dice. Its a complete running car. He won't give up parts. It belongs to a board member who has it down here for storage right now. I'm sure one day he will claim it.

Are you looking for a manual for your XT? My PB 4WD 5SPD may be available soon... depends on how things play out with some parts sources... Yes, I am being intentionally cryptic because parts are hard to come by down here and I don't want to get sniped:D