Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scoobie stack pt.2 UEL header

89ChevondaSI

holy fire hazard batman, you need some heat shielding in there stat!

also where did you get that UEL? My outback sounds like a honda and I don't like it. I just upgraded from a 90 lego (avatar) to a 97 outback and am waiting to put a pipe on it until I go UEL :headbang:

holy fire hazard batman, you need some heat shielding in there stat!

also where did you get that UEL? My outback sounds like a honda and I don't like it. I just upgraded from a 90 lego (avatar) to a 97 outback and am waiting to put a pipe on it until I go UEL :headbang:

There's actually a giant rust hole collecting cool outside air and cool the pipe. lol. it actually just get warm to the touch. and I just got an EBay UEL.

from I think performance Parts outta Illinois.

Yeah my 15 mpg was regular grade 10% ethanol. I went with mid grade this time, i will see if that helps. I might have to make some sort of baffle for the tailpipe to help the torque.

If none of that helps, i would probably be best to go back to a stock header, or get cams.

the last 95 legacy i got averaged 18mpg with stock header and no muffler, hollow cats, but it ran so rich it would sting my eyes.