Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, Bob got a Loyale!

Hello Subie world, I recently started a new project. 94 loyale, 5spd, 214k, non turbo, beat and not maintained for a long time (by the looks of it)

First day

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Drove it to my house, barely. bogs real bad in all rpms but 2.3k.

P.O. said it uses a quart of oil per week and that it needed new MAF and 02 sensors.

After driving it i can tell it needs a clutch real soon. Opened the hood and there is oil and gunk everywhere.

So since i have time, and a second car. My plan is to fix it up myself. This is a big project (for me). The most I have done before is simple stuff, brakes/oil etc.. I am sure I will need some help/advice so hopefully there are some good peeps on this board. :)

My first question is what is the best site for parts. Parts i know i need are clutch kit/ full engine gasket kit etc, MAF and 02 sensors..

Also the intake boot is torn so i will need to find one of those, Maybe junkyard..

Second Q is should i be looking at performance parts or upgrades? I plan to pull the motor to do the headgaskets and such, are there any common intake/engine/exhaust mods for the loyales. Not looking for it to be as fast as my wrx was, just want it to be reliable and able to climb mountain passes a bit stronger.

Thanks!!

Rockauto.com has great prices. Pretty stellar customer service too... Ive had a few hiccups, but thats to be expected every now and then.

There arent *too* many mods, its a 90 HP car... But you can get torque cams from Delta Cams (your cams sent in, torque grind applied, sent back to you)

As for a REAL mod, EJ22 swap boosts you to about 135 horsepower but its a lot of work and wiring to be changed.