Ultimate Subaru Message Board

car problems

ok well a little while ago i hooked up a vacume gauge to the engine, well when the engine is warm and at idle the needle is very rapidly bouncing from about 10 to 15, but when you give the engine a little gas to bring up the RPM's its stable.

also the engine runs REALLY ruff at idle, but fine at any other time through the RPM band.

i recently stripped most fo the emissions, i left on the things taht put air into the exhaust, but pluged them. can someone please give me some ideas on what i can do to fix my problem?

Thanks,

Shean

ya i figured vacume leak, but wasnt sure, i have been sprayin starting fluid, ive used up 2 full cans now trying to find it, and cant find anything. but when i do its on hoses that i never touched, maybe since the other junk is gone it magnified the others. looks like im replacing the rest of that junk.

Thanks,

Shean

oh, can i just run a hose from one vacume port to another rather then cappin it off, thats what i did on alot of stuff, or should i just cap them?

did the problem start after your emissions equipment removal? amazingly some of those parts are meant to be on your motor.:confused:

as for the vac. line question. that may or may not be ok. if you ran a venturi vacume source to a manifold vac. source that would definatly give you the problem you have. vac caps would have been a better choice.

I know I am not going with the popular belife that removing emissions equipment is "good".

nevermind the fact that winters are getting shorter and shorter each year. the president says that his own advisors are all wrong about that silly global warming issue so its ok.

another thread along the same lines as yours. might want to check egr too.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13961

please ignore my little rant if it offends anyone I know politics are a no no. but it is related to the topic.