Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Generation 1 Subaru Wanted?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MR1973

MR1973

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Enfield, CT

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:47 PM

Hi Subaru fanatics.
I am revisiting the new USMB, been away for a while.
I live in northern CT, looking for a 1973-1976 Subaru GL Coupe.
May consider a DL/Sedan. My search is making me weary, have yet to find one. Anyone know of any leads??? Good to be back! Ray

#2 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:37 PM

Got one in California that is 98% rust free. See the marketplace, its a '78 in Sacramento.

-Brian

#3 Subafreak

Subafreak

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Central Village Ct.

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, right! I hope your not looking for one here (northeast). That year alone, never mind a coupe, is going to be impossible to find up here with a good body. I hope you find one thoe.:headbang:

#4 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 25 March 2004 - 01:57 AM

ask Paul (moosens). He might be able to hook ya up easily. He's the gen 1 master on the east coast. If you were here on the west coast, well I could hook ya up with quite a few; anything from Brats to wagons, 2wd or 4wd. We've got a big selection over here but to find a nice one on the east coast.....yeah god luck:banghead:

#5 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 25 March 2004 - 02:09 AM

Call me sometime Thursday or Friday during the day before 3PM.

I wish one of you guys would hook me up with that blue '78 dash I need sometime soon.I keep hearing all about how many are out there....well?

;)

#6 78TurboBrat

78TurboBrat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Frisco Texas

Posted 25 March 2004 - 10:08 AM

Moosens

On the 78 brat, i took it to a place here in Dallas and had it fiberglassed, i will get pictures of it for you, it came out really nice, as the before of the dash was almost like dont touch it it will crumble. sitting in a car for 20 years not being touched or anything. but when i got it back from being fiberglassed it was painted and then clearcoated , came out really good. I will post some new pics of things soon. been still working on the car for the last year and a half.

#7 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:31 PM

Cool,send some pics.I'm getting frustrated trying to locate that sweet blue dash.

I hear ya on the length of projects.Wanna see my ten year + restoration on my '66 Ducati? LOL!! Mostly it sat,not like I've been working on it much...or at all some years.Turn the motor,make sure it moves,go mess with Subarus.

Actually that is almost done and I'll be taking pics this spring....err uh summer by the time it rolls out. LOL

Ray,call me.I'm home all day today.

#8 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:21 PM

there is a gen 1 brat here primer gray, a little rust in the fenders but non in the bed. jackmans, low roll bar grant stearing wheel and neet little hood scoop. $750.00 is what the guy is asking
oh year runs top notch.

#9 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:22 PM

oh yea its in montana:mad:

#10 edalexandr

edalexandr

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru