Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My newest project begins.

my Z project:

2011, CR-Z ( too bad not a BRZ) CVT 798miles.

My car arrived today.

Here it is. in all it's glory with 798 miles on the odo.

Front and Rear hit, both light.

Passenger airbag blown, drivers side ok

both seatbelts locked

driver fender slightly tweeked

radiator is not leaking, but warped in the middle

driver headlight broken

hood is not useable

front bumper is reusable

grille is busted but can be used that way

rear bumper has good damage, so that will likely need replaced sometime

DSCF0045.jpg?t=1332282169

DSCF0049.jpg?t=1332282113

DSCF0050.jpg?t=1332282090

got hit on back too.....

I have already pulled the hood off, and removed the upper radiator support.

Also found the window sticker in the glovebox, and the locking lug nut key has been found. Missing one alloy/tire, but got one coming from Ebay already.

From what I can tell it was a deer hit, there are scuff marks on roof passenger side that have a trail of scuffing to the top of rear hatch (I do know Kansas City has deer). From what i can guess, previous owner hit a deer, slammed the brakes on, then got hit in the back end. I am going to try to contact previous owner, for 1 to see if he has another key since i just got 1 key.

wish me luck....

Edited by bheinen74

The plan is to get down to one Subaru, for winter, and 2 Honda's, this might be one of them, but I cannot see it being as fun as the 91 Si's I have.....probably the same mpg but less fun.

This is a good commuter car, even the guy who delivered it, asked me to email him pics when it is done, he is looking for a car for his daughter, and he liked this Z. I said i might just keep it....guess when my main parts get here this next week, then the rebuilt inspection followed by title so i can drive it, will have to see...

i put 3 miles on it today just hitting the streets in town. ODO now shows 802miles.

Owning a Honda is a lot different than most other cars, it is "gas it up and change oil regularly, for 250k miles, with occasional plugs and Tbelt" THAT IS IT, not other expenses when you choose the best models. Not going to knock any, other brand but overall cost for repairs is nothing on a good model Honda.

I have owned CRX since 1993. I remember back then, same crappy overall reviews and consumer desire. Nobody wants a 2 seater. True. But the reviews on the CRX are similar to the CR-Z. Plus the mpg's is vastly underrated on both those cars. Cause the test drives are not for 50miles on the highway at a time. I want a car i can go anywhere and back and get 45mpg all day long and not be in a car you see on every single block of any city. This is that car. My first complaint is huge blindspot to side backs...The CRX did not have any blindspot.

Edited by bheinen74

I have crossed off a few Honda's on my list.

I briefly owned a 91 Prelude Si 5psd, car was a joke to work on and other things.

Owned a 96Acura TL, was pretty nice but had some bugs and didn't like the ligthing ,compared to the 91 CRX and Civic

Also, owned a 94Civic VX hatch. Car was not near the car of the 91 CRX Si or Civic Si, for pep, handling, comfort, mpg etc....

I will need some time in the CR-Z to find what it is like..........If it can pull slightly better mpg than the 2 91's i have now, then i will consider my options on keeping it. low mileage is nice for a while.

live in a small town, the guy down the street has a frame machine. He looked the car over tonight, and is going to have it on his frame machine this coming Tuesday, said he would pull it for 100 cash. And, he has experience in Honda rebuilds, he does work at a junkyard professionally AND owns his own business going on 25 years of autobody stuff. He says he will help me with airbag stuff too.... I think this is coming along nicely and pretty fast so far.

The radiator had some seeping on the top tank, and today i went to the local radiator repair person, and he re-crimped and checked the top tank. $21.40 repair.

I have until Tuesday to get the front bumper and headlight out as requested for it to go on the frame machine...

My huge parts order with Majestic Honda got notice today they canceled out the hood order part due to oversize.....

So today i called a dealer 60 miles away, and they could do a new hood for 279, which is not as good as Majestics price, but the will deliver to me free.... I guess tomorrow the NEW Honda hood arrives, and the other stuff from Majestic early in the week.

Might have the body work done by midweek next week, except rear bumper stuff.

coming along nicely. I was never even thinking it would be a few weeks in repair cause i thought it might take all summer to get the parts and the timeslot for someone to pull the frame......cheers.