Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FS: Gen 1 parts and stuff ****Updated 3/6/2016

hey Todd.. ready for that gen 1 brat hood release cable... also do you have two center caps for later wagon style white rims?? Please email me at tbag1331@yahoo.com for shipping details.. Thanks, Tommy..

Will do...out of town currently.

Ok great.. dont need the center caps now found some.. Just the hood release cable when your ready..Thanks, Tommy.. ps side front marker light rubber gasket not the whole assembly with lens but just the rubber gasket part. If you want to sell with lens I'm fine with that too...

Edited by biffanyus

Hi Todd, I'm I the market for 1 flying saucer hub cap. Also I was hoping you may be able to help me locate the fuel pump relay for a EA71 (1979 Brat). Let me know, thank you

No saucer hubcaps..... Fuel pump in the 79 BRAT draws power through the voltage regulator and ONLY when the alternator is putting out current. Often the VR is bad if you have no power to the fuel pump. No relay is in that circuit.

I replaced the Voltage regulator last week, the fuel pump and filter the week before. It seems like I'm not getting power at the pump though. I have read a few threads that suggested there is a second fuel filter close to the tank, I have been unable to locate it thus far. When I add fuel to the carbs throat it fire right up so I know it's getting spark. Is there something in the tank it self that could be clogged? Thanks for your help. I'm also interested in the brown plaid seats if you have some available. I'm new to the site and neglected to follow the thread when I asked a few weeks ago. Thanks again

No brown plaid seat covers left.

Use a voltage meter and check the power at the fuel pump. Do it quick when you have it running. The alternator needs to be putting out power. If you have power and your fuel pump in new, it's safe to assume that is not the problem. Also...remember that the fuel pump is not a motor that runs all the time...it is a pulse pump and it will "click" vs purr/or run like an electric motor. If no power, try "temporarily" running a power line from the + battery terminal to the lead on the fuel pump. Also, that pump "grounds" via the mounts and nuts. Check the ground.

You can try to put a big syringe on the fuel line from the tank at the fuel pump...... with some fuel in it and do a "push/pull" with the syringe. That can sometimes clear a restriction. There is no additional filter at the tank.

• 4 months later...

Hi Todd, do you have any more of the clocks that go to the right of the radio? Looking for one of those and actually looking for a radio as well. I know the original was embedded, but for some reason someone took it out and slammed an aftermarket tape deck there at some point. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...