Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Loyales

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hello, first post. I have a 1992 Loyale FWD with 89K with power everything, Its my DD and its got 2 dines and the paint is burnt off, I have done alot of mechanical stuff and I got 3 things left to do to it, Paint, Wheels (cant find any) and 2 Hella 500HID sitting in back of car for it. so my question is what color is 222 and I cant find wheels other than steelies.

I also have a 1989 Loyale 4wd with dual range. I take the 1992 down alot of dirt roads and stuff. we did a 300Mi round trip yesterday so it gets driven often. I am wanting to lift this one 2-4in so is there any kits i can get or is it just do what ever i can find?

#2 tundrabrat

tundrabrat

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Wheels choices are limited to Pugeot wheels (same bolt pattern) 14" and 15" available or you can drill out wheels you like or convert your hubs to 5 lug to really open up you choices.

SjR Lifts has several choices for lifts and they also sell hubs already converted to 5 lug.

Google that paint code and I bet you have your answer in 30 seconds.

Good Luck

#3 BATLWGN

BATLWGN

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Otsego, MI

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

http://www.scoobyped...ubaruPaintCodes

Halfway down: 222 = dark grey metallic

#4 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,659 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Better Color code chart. Some of the others are incorrect. They also do not list a 1983 Porcelain white.

Here is the one from Subarusofthe80s.

http://www.indysworl...paintchips.html

#5 FlatFourFrenchy

FlatFourFrenchy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Central Missouri

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

My 92 has paint code 222 and it is Dark Grey Metallic. It looks black from afar and in the sunlight up close it has much more of the metallic dark grey look. My avatar is of my 94.

Edited by FlatFourFrenchy, 23 March 2012 - 05:45 AM.
addition

#6 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

My 92 has paint code 222 and it is Dark Grey Metallic. It looks black from afar and in the sunlight up close it has much more of the metallic dark grey look. My avatar is of my 94.

Ill post a PIC of my DD the 92. It got the roof basket back and i am working on putting 2 HELLA 500FFs

#7 Dj7291993

Dj7291993

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Falcon, CO (Colo Springs)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

SjR Lifts has several choices for lifts and they also sell hubs already converted to 5 lug.

SJR's converted hubs are for 6-lug, the bolt pattern will fit Toyota, Nissan, most Chevy, and a few others. It looks like he does sell a VW5 adapter, though. I'd recommend checking out his site for more info. www.sjrlift.com

#8 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Gold Subscribers
  • 5,543 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

4X140 is a Very European Pattern.

Wheels choices are limited to Pugeot wheels...

I Guess that you think that Peugeot is the Only Brand due to availability, because Renault has Nice 4X140 Rims...

Posted Image

I Used to own a Couple of 4X140 "Cheviot" (made in France) Rims that came off a Renault.

There were No Old-School Renaults with 4X140 Rims in USA? :confused:

Also, Audi had 4X140 on certain Models...

Posted Image

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo, 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#9 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I CANT find any!!!!

#10 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

I am having a super hard time finding wheels. and i got all the paint ordered. i did sell the other loyale the 4wd to have a little spending money.

#11 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Gold Subscribers
  • 5,543 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I am having a super hard time finding wheels. and i got all the paint ordered. i did sell the other loyale the 4wd to have a little spending money.

Holy Cow! :eek:

Have you ever considered the Option of Re-Drill to a Six Lugs Pattern?

http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=131874

#12 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

OK. i hit 150K and it got a bad tick from what sounds like the lifters. what does everyone think? some help is really wanted. it does leak a little oil every time it sits. ideas?

#13 bigjimd

bigjimd

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Petersburg, Va.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Search for Tick of death. Tons of great info here.

#14 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Search for Tick of death. Tons of great info here.

thanks for all the info! i dont have the time to replace the gasket so what is a good concouton for the oil mix?

#15 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

what is a good concouton for the oil mix?

No good concoction is going to fix the T.O.D.

If you don't have the time to fix it, don't worry about it. I drove Ben for about 6 months with him tick-tick-ticking away before I had time to do the oil pump.
Most people will tell you to just re-seal the pump, I suggest just replacing the oil pump *and* using a new gasket (of course).
It's not that expensive, not that hard to do, and it should be the only time you ever have to do it. Good luck.:drunk:

#16 knoxuni

knoxuni

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • East Tennessee

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

No good concoction is going to fix the T.O.D.

If you don't have the time to fix it, don't worry about it. I drove Ben for about 6 months with him tick-tick-ticking away before I had time to do the oil pump.
Most people will tell you to just re-seal the pump, I suggest just replacing the oil pump *and* using a new gasket (of course).
It's not that expensive, not that hard to do, and it should be the only time you ever have to do it. Good luck.:drunk:

how many have you done? what parts do i need? and how long did it take?

#17 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

how many have you done? what parts do i need? and how long did it take?

I've got a write-up for the last one. I did the oil pump on our 93 loyale and the one on the carbed 87 GL.
I'll edit this post when I find the write-up.

It's a roughly written guide but covers all bases. If you have any specific questions i'd be glad to help out, ask them here for everybody to chime in and you can always PM me.

http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=128964

Edited by l75eya, 29 May 2012 - 06:00 PM.
Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users