Ultimate Subaru Message Board

And I am approaching 200,000 miles with this Loyale.

This is a 92 Loyale wagon.

The engine has 100K miles, because the last one was running on 3 cyls. starting at 170K or so... The tranny failed around 150K and so it has a new one.

The body still looks good with no rust.

Still get a consistent 29mpg, but I will try replacing O2 sensor to improve that, maybe clean EGR valve and even pull codes if I get ambitious. Though with an oil leak, I don't particularly care.

The front end is still good, surprisingly. No wander, any strange noises, anything.

I think most cars, regardless of make, are junked around 160K miles (just look at cars in junk yards to get an idea), so that I am already above average, which make me feel pretty good, like I am getting free mileage.

Nothing unusual about getting 200K on a Subie...Some have over 300K on thier cars.

My 89 GL wagon has 183K and counting - daily driver. Still has the original motor and tranny, new clutch and axles 2.5 yrs ago, and going strong. Will be doing a reseal job on her soon as she leaks oil from all over the place, but not leaving any major puddles yet.

Take good care of her and she will last ya a long, long time!! :D

92 loyale, 270k miles. original engine and tranny (i think). only major things are the usual timing belts and a new clutch recently. daily driver (all city, so crap mileage: 25 highway, 17 city). has problems though, bucks like mad after long drives. don't know what the deal is. i'm thinking maybe some really worn piston rings.