Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WINDSHIELD GASKET ORDER **MAIN THREAD** Update 4/29/12 We're GOOD to go!

Pretty sure they did not have those last time but I sure will ask about any others they may have or be willing to reproduce.

I guess I need to phone in. Got no reply from the "contact us" box on their site. I mentioned our old contact and previous order so you'd think whoever saw it would get that sales rep. Or make some contact.

Calling later today to shake the tree.

Thanks everybody !!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK , the contact has been made. They got back to me today. Our old sales rep. has moved up or onward within the parent company so we've got a new guy. He'll be getting back to me soon with an answer as to if they will be able to order them and the minimum quantity , which we've got covered for sure.

Let's all say our little prayers. Hope they still have the mold. Amen ! :)

OK , I have to finalize but we have an offer standing for 50 pieces. Cost is right around $35 each but I have to discuss shipping. Last time it was 4 large boxes. Can't recall how much. Won't add but a buck or two to each piece. I've got to use my credit card to put the deposit down so please pay as soon as you can. :D Thanks.

Hang on , please.

Let's all get a good idea of what happens here. I need to plunk down $1700 to get this going. Or maybe half up front before mfg. , 2nd half before they release to me after they recieve them from Thailand.

So I'm going to ask that you guys please consider rounding up a few bucks for Paypal and general shipping expenses.

Also , consider that I have not heard their shipping quote to me yet , but as mentioned I don't expect it to drive up cost more than a buck or two per unit.

Let's face it , you are still getting an icredible deal and only because we are united. Don't snivvel over a couple bucks.

I'll get back with more later.

We asked last time and basically they'll do what they used to carry - if still possible - but they weren't about to add new parts for old cars like ours. If we were Mustang , GTO , Chevelle type folks I'm sure we'd have no problem finding all sorts of seals ,etc.

But no , we're Vintage Subaru people. :o

So , bottom line - they don't carry other sealing items for our Gen I's. And we're somewhat fortunate they will still knock out another batch of the windshield gaskets.

Other side of the coin says "gee , they told us the last batch would be the last. Why didn't they destroy the mold like they said was going to happen? "

Maybe its just business "leverage". It'll be interesting to see if they tell us some story again this time or just keep the mold around another decade or so,

OK everybody hang tight and we'll get things going here. Please READ and follow directions so I do not have to waste time going down the road.

READ FIRST , REACT LATER , Please. :)

When you contact me and pay me GIVE ME YOUR REAL NAME , YOUR USMB NAME , AND ALERT ME TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USE - ESPECIALLY FOR PAYPAL.

I should not have to chase anyone around trying to piece together payments with wierdo names. Be real. You are NOT SubauBratToTheMax or whatever , you are like me - named , known ,and accounted for , so don't bother trying to hide. :lol:

Please , if you want to add to your amount DON'T WAIT !!!

Count from early posting:

Demon Brat - 2

Blind Sight - 1

81 Brat - 1

sube 101 - 2

Yaron - 3

Elad - 1 **** Israeli guys - can I send to one location and you split them up?

kiwi subie - 2

the sucker king - 1

ratbrat -1

Leeroy - 2

Subaru3 -2

Caboobaroo - 1

bendecker - 2

78Brat - 2

talldude - 1

king Earl of Pooparoo - 3

lil'red wagon - 2

OCD - 1

Knopper - 2

Sub78 - 1

Singularity21 = 1

jagg - 1

waldoz - 1

Beats I Drive - 2

Subieguy - 1

Jonv23 - 1

OK guys , try to finalize your quantity sometime fairly soon.

Trust me , you WILL be able to sell your extras.

I'm the guy who had the extras - or at least a few of them - last time. They are ALL gone with one in waiting to go out soon , I hope.

OK , for those who see this , I'm editing today. 4-29-2012 Time to get things going.

moosens = Paul

email - moosens at yahoo dot com

Paypal - the same

Check or money order? Contact me thru email please and remember - I DON'T KNOW YOU AND CANNOT MATCH YOU UP WITH YOUR BOARD NAME ......

So , please let me know who the heck I'm dealing with. Thanks !!!!

Some of you folks also use Paypal , or send checks from another person's account , i.e.: girlfriend , mom , dad ,etc..... not a problem but remember to let me know your info within that payment in the message box so I'm not going nuts trying to match up a name with a payment.

No complaints from last buy from the buyers. :cool: Let's try to make it that way for the handler too. :clap:

39 , not bad , plus me and we're just about locked in.

Looking good ! Would be ideal to have around 46 taken without myself included. I'm looking to use or hold 4 because I haven't heard from 3 local guys , Andrew , Charlie , and Pete.

Edit , 4-29-12 , we are going to get me paid ASAP so I can not use my own money so much , and not need a loan or use a credit card ,etc....... so that'll save us all some across the board.

We agree that the material and or shipping also needs to be picked up ,etc. so we round up and we're still probably under $55 total per single unit shipped and folks getting two or three might even not have an increase using the USPostal pre-paid box deals. That is IF they all fit. Those are right around $15 and change and have confirmation and insurance built in.

And in cases of using FedEx Ground I know they are reasonable. International we'll figure by country. I have one I can weigh and get dimensions on. Probably US Postal for that situation.