Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WINDSHIELD GASKET ORDER **MAIN THREAD** Update 4/29/12 We're GOOD to go!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK , edit 4-29-12

Let's get things going and work together. We all pay now and I avoid financing. Why pay THEM anymore ??? Please read and if anything isn't clear re-read or ask me outright thru PM or email ,etc.

**** Be true to your school - OLD SCHOOL.

Lots of edits all around today.

Thanks for any and all cooperation. Looking to make this smooth.

We still have a small amount left. If you know someone you don't see listed give them a tap on the shoulder , please. We really are close enough for me to comfortably go thru with this but making sure we're more towards 99% would be better. I can deal with a fresh one , and I'm sure between all the vintage CT guys the last one would be fought for. - the 1%

OK , for those who see this , I'm editing today. 4-29-2012 Time to get things going.

moosens = Paul

email - moosens at yahoo dot com

Paypal - the same

Check or money order? Contact me thru email please and remember - I DON'T KNOW YOU AND CANNOT MATCH YOU UP WITH YOUR BOARD NAME ......

So , please let me know who the heck I'm dealing with. Thanks !!!!

Some of you folks also use Paypal , or send checks from another person's account , i.e.: girlfriend , mom , dad ,etc..... not a problem but remember to let me know your info within that payment in the message box so I'm not going nuts trying to match up a name with a payment.

No complaints from last buy from the buyers. :cool: Let's try to make it that way for the handler too. :clap:

Edit , 4-29-12 , we are going to get me paid ASAP so I can not use my own money so much , and not need a loan or use a credit card ,etc....... so that'll save us all some across the board.

We agree that the material and or shipping also needs to be picked up ,etc. so we round up and we're still probably under $55 total per single unit shipped and folks getting two or three might even not have an increase using the USPostal pre-paid box deals. That is IF they all fit. Those are right around $15 and change and have confirmation and insurance built in.

And in cases of using FedEx Ground I know they are reasonable. International we'll figure by country. I have one I can weigh and get dimensions on. Probably US Postal for that situation.

Paul......build from this list.

Demon Brat - 2

Blind Sight - 2

81 Brat - 1

sube 101 - 2

Yaron - 3

Elad - 2 **** Israeli guys - can I send to one location and you split them up?

kiwi subie - 2

the sucker king - 1

ratbrat -1

Leeroy - 2

Subaru3 -2

Caboobaroo - 1

bendecker - 2

78Brat - 2

talldude - 1

king Earl of Pooparoo - 3

lil'red wagon - 2

OCD - 1

Knopper - 2

Sub78 - 1

Singularity21 = 1

jagg - 1

waldoz - 1

Beats I Drive - 2

Subieguy - 1

Jonv23 - 1

Tailgatewagon -2

progress.gif

Edited by SUBARU3

Demon Brat - 2

Blind Sight - 2

81 Brat - 1

sube 101 - 2

Yaron - 3

Elad - 2 **** Israeli guys - can I send to one location and you split them up?

kiwi subie - 2

the sucker king - 1

ratbrat -1

Leeroy - 2

Subaru3 -2

Caboobaroo - 1

bendecker - 2 - PAID ***

78Brat - 2

talldude - 1

king Earl of Pooparoo - 3

lil'red wagon - 2

OCD - 1

Knopper - 2

Sub78 - 1

Singularity21 = 1

jagg - 1

waldoz - 1

Beats I Drive - 2

Subieguy - 1

Jonv23 - 1

Tailgatewagon -2

Edited by moosens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So where are we at in this process?

As posted in the thread we had running to tally up payments , and which has all info needed , we have the first of the split payments into the supplier. They have placed the order with the mfg'er , and we should see them around 3 months from now or possibly a little sooner.

No offense , but please understand everybody - We've done this already !!!

Your money is safe. Please try to keep me from taking any more time than I really need to on this.

Please read the posts - not so much this one but the one we had running along with the Payment info ,etc.

All should be explained there including the expected delivery time which was 90-120 days from when the order was placed to Thailand where they are made.

From here on out if I don't reply it means you need to read more.

Cheers !

• 2 months later...

With the anticipated arrival of the gaskets nearing, I've begun to look at my "two-piece"windshield and contemplated having it replaced. The local glass shop just called me with a quote for a new windshield installed at $250. Pretty freaking steep since I paid a little more than that for the whole car. What have you gentlemen done in your respective vehicles? Still running cracked glass? Scored big and found one on a donor, or paid for a new one? I'm excited for this gasket, no more leaks!

With the anticipated arrival of the gaskets nearing, I've begun to look at my "two-piece"windshield and contemplated having it replaced. The local glass shop just called me with a quote for a new windshield installed at $250. Pretty freaking steep since I paid a little more than that for the whole car. What have you gentlemen done in your respective vehicles? Still running cracked glass? Scored big and found one on a donor, or paid for a new one? I'm excited for this gasket, no more leaks!

You're young , and its understandable. I've said the same words " but I only paid $$$ for it , why should this one part cost as much as the car"

Trust me , for the price that's not bad these days. I think the $150 install days are over.

I've got a windshield I can sell but shipping is a pain. By the time you pay my price and their shipping you might as well have gone to your local shop. My 2 cents. Good luck!

• 1 month later...