Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will a n/a jdm ej25 work in my usdm legacy gt

dankindler

As long as you get the same style (DOHC) they will be nearly the same and anything different (a/c, power steering, etc) can be swapped off your old motor. Just dont get a jdm legacy twin turbo motor or something like that and it will be an easy change.

• 2 weeks later...

Carefull we had a jdm twin cam engine here had vvt on it and was not even close to a north american one different heads had the variable cam gears and different efi on it we used it but had to make custom wire harness and get matched ecu we also could not find any wire diagrams for it was pain but alsome engine 190 hp na its in a 91 loyale now just rips. Make shure you know what you are buying cheers.

i wound up just buying a usdm engine with 94k off carpart.com for 550 bucks they took they accessories off it but i had all that stuff on my blown engine, i put it in last thursday it runs good but now im battling bad gas, i think sediment that was in the tank may have fouled an injector or two, it clogged the fuel filter so i replaced it, i have a couple sets of injectors so ima cange em and see what happens, i have an extra set of ej25 cyl heads if anyones interested, they were just milled.