Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ok so pretty much done with the installing of the 95 5 speed into my legacy..... i got a 95 mt starter but the damn thing wont fit..... both the flywheel and the starter came off the same car ( 95 legacy mt). i know that it is different than the 4eat starter cuz the mt one is longer and actually will fit inside the hole.... the problem is that the starter is hitting i would think the flywheel. i would turn the engine over by hand while someone is holding the starter there and i can hear the teeth hitting.... is it supposed to be shimmed maybe?

see the bolt doesnt even tighten all the way down like its too long lol maybe ill find a metal bushing and some washers to test...... like i said though no matter which way i twist it/push it in there it wont seat flush..... ill try though.... then after i bolt it down ill try to turn it over by hand and see if i hear it.

thanks

see the bolt doesnt even tighten all the way down like its too long lol maybe ill find a metal bushing and some washers to test...... like i said though no matter which way i twist it/push it in there it wont seat flush..... ill try though.... then after i bolt it down ill try to turn it over by hand and see if i hear it.

thanks

Are you getting the lower bolthole onto the stud???

Did you move the hillholder bracket and Negative cable boltdown?