Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my '98 Foz

scoobyclimbs

How much of a difference are the 03+ struts?  I have the same ones on the rear of my OB with a 6 inch lift and I'm maxed out at 29" tires  (tires hit the bottom spring mount)  I need hearing everyone saying they have the spring perches higher, but putting them next to 98-02 struts they look almost identical.

Anyone have a picture with measurements?   I've got 31" wrangler MT's that I wanna get on for the Spring Mud runs up here in Alaska, but unless I space out my wheels 2+ inches they will never fit.

How much of a difference are the 03+ struts?  I have the same ones on the rear of my OB with a 6 inch lift and I'm maxed out at 29" tires  (tires hit the bottom spring mount)  I need hearing everyone saying they have the spring perches higher, but putting them next to 98-02 struts they look almost identical.

Anyone have a picture with measurements?   I've got 31" wrangler MT's that I wanna get on for the Spring Mud runs up here in Alaska, but unless I space out my wheels 2+ inches they will never fit.

This is a forester thread...nothing to do with an outback ...apples & oranges...

• Like 1

I've been busy wheelin' and upgrading...as I go along...
Recently I purchased some leds lights for the exterior/interior from www.superbrightleds.com

All the exterior lights were up graded..WOW>>>

The crappy pics just don't do it justice..

The interior rear hatch light is a white, dome is blue, map lights are blue..

I also up graded the headlamps to a philips 9003 XPS2  HB2 H4 extreme power

( they claim 80% more power)..no joke..

My housings are perfect with no yellowing..one is new..(broken when I purchased the rig)

They are a nice white not obnoxious..

I can finally see the road ...as the  stock lamps were about as bad as my stock '84 hatch lights.

Best upgrade yet...I only paid about $30 .

The bumper fab has begun.. First the lower tie bar reinforcement (damaged one before I got the rig and then a few hits witha skid plate on..)

2" square box tubing welded to the tie downs...and a few tabs for the skid plate.

Note : the lower tie bar will be intergrated into the main bumper for maxium stiffness/support for pulling...(heeps..:)

The two square plates are 3/16" thick and are bolted to the factory mounts.

I'm using a harbor freight universal winch mount plate w/ fair lead mount. $40

IMG_20130302_184900_zps2677d309.jpg

IMG_20130302_184923_zpsec8aa9e8.jpg

IMG_20130308_191728_zps49383fe8.jpg

IMG_20130308_191559_zps3b467a3f.jpg

IMG_20130308_191619_zps05b444ed.jpg

IMG_20130309_234035_zps796087fa.jpg

With the extra load requirements of the 9,000lb winch..I'll need abit more juice to run it.

An optima D35 yellowtop and an Tribeca 3.6L 130amp alternator ought to do it.

If the dimesions are similar to the 3.0L h6 it should drop right in..The h6's have one extra rib on the pulley which is ok ..They lined up perfect on the ej22. on my hatchie..

SHH...(my goal is to H6 the Forester in the future..;)

Now with  the bumper fab I ran into a snafu..The intake box under the right front of the bumper ..

The cure is a Snorkel...!

Looks like the grille is going to get a trim to fit the winch up nice and tight...

This is a forester thread...nothing to do with an outback ...apples & oranges...

really?  gonna be a cute like that?  All I asked for was measurements off the forester struts.. So since this is a forester thread, kinda fits doesnt it?  

Edited by torxxx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update for now..between wheelin' and working on other rigs...

I picked up an '08 Tribeca 130 amp alternator $65 used , harness w/plugs, extra charge wire to the battery w/ inline fuseIMG_20130522_180057_zps07b1397c.jpgIMG_20130522_180057_zps43b91122.jpg

I replaced the battery hold down with an SPT one for a little bling.

IMG_20130420_130059_zpsce3b74a0.jpg

Edited by scoobyclimbs

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.   Looking forward to the next time I see you so you can tell me your story.  Glad you're not too banged up.

Perhaps it turn into a fozzybrat...Looking at a replacement..foz or even a new XV in desert Khaki..We will see.

I loved this car it was so much fun..lot's of memories..LIfe is good ;)

looks like karma got you... theres your applesrollover nownges buddy... lol[/quote

Karma has nothing to do with anything in this thread..your hi jacking..is getting old..I laugh about the rollover..I made a grand and still get to keep it for parts on another one..lol all the way to the bank..;)a quick parts swap I'll be wheelin again soon..kma.