Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2003 2.5 SOCH in a 2002 - Running Rich

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lmdew

lmdew

_______

• Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

The engine came from a 2003 Forester and I dropped it into a 2002 Impreza TS. I switched the cams when I did the timing belt. It runs great but seems to be very rich. The O2 Sensor was changed but the voltage is still what I'd consider high at 1.6 volts. It will drop and do the normal up down when I let off the gas. When it's steady throttle it almost flat lines at 1.6 volts.

Short Term Trim: -8.6
Long Term Trim: -25.0

Coolant Temp 189.

I did have a PO172 Rich Bank one 2 times but it has cleared and has not come back.

I ran some injector cleaner, thinking an injector might be leaking.

I have not checked the mileage yet, but it seems to be going through gas pretty fast.

#2 Recian

Recian

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • New Bern

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

it does sound like a leaking injector. It's easy to pull them off and turn the key on and monitor the fuel rail at the base while the car isnt running. Should be 0 gas coming out with fuel pressure from the key being on. Also dont rule out a MAF sensor. I've seen them cause super lean/rich conditions and codes even tho everything was running perfectly fine with no MAF codes. They will read within the MAF's range but the Grams/second arent right for the given conditions, calculated by idle speed, throttle response, manifold pressure, intake temp and ambient temp. If anything is mis-calculated by the MAF nothing will work right and it could go into a default full rich condition to keep the car running but because they didnt have rationality codes back then it wont throw a MAF fault code since it's within range. Happens to nissan's frequently and they run the same MAFs suby's do. Thinking about it they use alot of the same electric sensors.

#3 lmdew

lmdew

_______

• Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

I swapped over to the 2002 intake and all the parts on it.

The Short Term and Long Term look much better S 2.5, L -10.4

We'll see what the mileage does and check the plugs once the ECU has adjusted.

#4 Recian

Recian

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • New Bern

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Did you swap the entire box? the MAFs between the 2 are probably different P/Ns seeing as theyre for 2 different vehicles with different weights, ECMs, etc

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I think you solved it with the intake switch. I have seen that 3 times now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users