Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buggy

ivans imports

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i havent been on here in a while and was starting to plan out a build like this last week with a legacy or impereza as the donor. I was going to remove the whole rear cross member, struts, and diff as one. Then do the same thing to the front end with the engine, trans, cross member and struts. Then weld up a buggy frame like you have between the front and rear cross member

its tortion bar with coil struts moved the tube from back to under middle and thiss made it 3 ft shorter its exacty the same length as width perfect square handels wicked 31 bogger paddles 2.5 single cam turbo with forged pistons 10 psi of boost 4 speed auto converted to 2 speed locked rear diff high stall with 4.44 gears she eats up the beach hit 110 on speedo in 2cd and never hitt rev limiter shes ready for dragrace season

is a 2.5 stroker with forged pistons and 2.5 single cam ported and polished heads with 550 injectors wrx small turbo phenelic spacers and 50 shot of nitrous has a 4.44 auto with 2800 high stall i custom set my comp ratio by adjusting block height and head hight used the heavy crank pully and wheghted it to increase tourque wish i had a dyno to check what its maken

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

buggy kicked rump roast thiss weekend 3rd place in B class and deep hole champ swims like a fish even in 4ft of mud new engine is so strong comes off the ground when it luanchs the 20 shot of nitros and the 550 injectors made all the differance it just roars

figured out a neat trick for buggy put the air ride rear suspention in the back cranked them to 65 psi no more squat its stiff as heck when it takes off now the back end is planted and the front comes off the ground what a differance how long the air bags will hold up under race conditions i dont know anyone got any used rear wagon air shocks come from 85-89 gl10 ?

so whent to mud race on weekend pulled a 4.780 and a 4.810 and broke a hole on 3rd pass just cant get a piston to hold up folded a forged wiseco piston was making hudge power im starting to wonder if the subaru engines cant handle nitros because of having the pistons on there sides i'm thinking the feul is pooling on bottom side of pistons and not burning even. Anyway the suspention is incredabble it came right off the ground at the start and planed across perfectly just need to get the motor to hold up

broke the piston between the ring lands is what always happens oh can see some of the passes on you tube crapanator vs mud shark NWMRA Quesnell bc the fastest cars in my class are a big block with 2 stage nitrios and a 383 with 2 stage nitros gess 800- 900 hp is a bitt hard to catch up with 2.5 at 250 -280 hp but not that far off if i could just get the pistons to hold togther i will get some pics of the engine when i take it apart it has comp of 150 150 145 and 80 at least i know where to look

I'm surprised you're breaking ring lands with 280 HP. Do you have enough fuel for the Nitrous? Any signs of detonation? What do the plugs look like?

How much did the high stall torque converter cost? I'm considering one for my EJ20G with 4EAT.

has a nitros foger in the intake i had to small of a pill in the feul side was running 0.28 nos and 0.34 feul was to lean have turned it down to 0.22 nos and 0.32 feul. But i think the piston may have had a problem i did a comp test before engine was run and was 150 150 145 120 the 120 is the one that failed the new one is 155 and the hole was not so nice i think the piston may have been cracked or scratched anyway runs good now race on saterday with a tough truck event ( NO MERCY ) for the craper !