Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS 14 - Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Port Townsend, WA

WCSS13-45-M.jpg

Subaru Fans!

It's that time of year again. Spring is upon us, and summer is fast approaching. The sound of Subarus converging on a sleepy little northwest town is creeping near.

We've chosen our site carefully this year, and settled on the small town of Port Townsend, home to the Jefferson County Fairgrounds

Official dates: August 17th to the 19th. As always, Friday is set up for camping. Saturday is the main event, show, mud pit, raffles etc. and Sunday is pack up and go home.

This fairgrounds has much to offer;

Plentiful camping, and options for more removed camping from the masses.

An onsite mud pit, and mud drags lanes. (Yes, we have worked out the glorious return of the mudpit!)

Outdoor covered vendor booths (That will face and combine with the show this year!)

Plenty of room for activities.

Also sounds like we've got a lot of good options for food vendorship this year, which has always been tough in the past.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

West Coast Subaru Show Committee

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be there with my other half. I will be driving my '89 XT6 and she'll be driving our other 6... '04 Outback sedan 3.0:banana:

I've been to 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Missed last year as I started having a CTS issue the day we were supposed to leave and I didn't feel comfortable driving it that far like that:banghead: All is well now... Just need to get the brakes and suspension done:horse:

Here are some pics from one of their Mud Drags

http://www.motorxsports.com/2010mp022PortTownsendMudToy4X4MudDrags.html

We are not sure at this point if we will have it setup like this, or more of a traditional open area.

I can tell you this mud pit will be more for lifted/older/more hardcore rigs than flat just for WRX type.

WRX's are fun to watch go in circles, but they are also loud... One of a couple reasons why Skamania denied our mudpit request last year.

I'm actually stoked about this year. Pt Townsend is 20 minutes from my family's cabin. Might just take a group there during the day to do some wheeling. We have 7 acres.

And uh. . . Aren't you guys glad I thought up the mud pit idea?

Seems like this will be a few people's second WCSS as it will be mine as well... I have every intention of attending again... I hope. I'm all for caravaning. I'll be traveling from North Idaho for anyone who wants to join my trek... I already know a couple others who will likely join from over here. Can't wait! :banana: