Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Elaina here!

Hey guys,

I'm new to soobys. I've always admired them, from afar, but was never really into owning one. I preferred the Jeeps, trucks, classic cars...hell, everything that ate a LOT of gas, I probably love/d.

Well, I have about 4 gas eaters, so when I decided I was going to add to my collection of rides, I figured I'd get the gas efficient "grocery getter". I like taking a lot of roadtrips AND I live in Reno/Tahoe...so my criteria was basically: gas efficient, sporty, moon roof (don't judge me), and AWD.

Subaru was always at the top of the list, so I finally found an Impreza that happened to be my fav color...so I knew it was meant to be:lol:

I stumped about 3 locksmiths in the area for programming the keyless remote...but I finally programmed it yesterday, on my own. Must have been the standing on my head, while singing Whitney Houston, and crossing my eyes as I pressed the lock/unlock buttons corresponding to the FOB number:banghead:...hell, I don't know. It was a PIMA, but I'm just glad I did it. I figured I'd join a board, just in case I have other issues, and to also help with someone having a similar issue.

Cheers!:drunk:

photo-1.jpg

Cool, it looks like new :clap:

I always admired Subarus too, but I never really liked how most of them looked. When I was in high school, my dream car was the Outback Sport. And now I have today's version of that basically, which is pretty cool :cool:

Cool, it looks like new :clap:

I always admired Subarus too, but I never really liked how most of them looked. When I was in high school, my dream car was the Outback Sport. And now I have today's version of that basically, which is pretty cool :cool:

I really like the looks of the hatchback...so I was looking at some very nice Outback Sports and the Impreza Sports...But, this car fell into my line of vision as I was out shopping, so I went for it. Had all of my criteria and was my favorite color -- which I didn't think they had available. I still like the fact that the back seat is 60/40, so I can fit stuff in through the trunk, if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well. Subbies as how it has been coined around my area is indeed a head turner.

Though I am not quite sure the Subaru is the best option if you are looking for a car that is to be the most fuel efficient, based on my experience mainly. But you could really make for that in the style department.