Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ swap issue...Exedy XT6 clutches discontinued?

I ordered a couple XT6 clutches through amazon the other day and got a email back saying that exedy discontinued part 15009, which is a XT6 clutch. The retailer was Performance Parts Place. I can go with a beck/arnley, but I haven't heard the best things about these clutches

If OEM clutches are exedy, that also means you can't get one from the dealer....where are you guys getting yours? I got two ea-ej swaps around the corner and no clutches:banghead:

Josh

I ordered a couple XT6 clutches through amazon the other day and got a email back saying that exedy discontinued part 15009, which is a XT6 clutch. The retailer was Performance Parts Place. I can go with a beck/arnley, but I haven't heard the best things about these clutches

If OEM clutches are exedy, that also means you can't get one from the dealer....where are you guys getting yours? I got two ea-ej swaps around the corner and no clutches:banghead:

Josh

Rockauto, I just bought the Rino one off them for 150$ but havnt got her going to know how goo it is. But beck and arnley I've heard good things about them. That's what I've seen most people buy.

Rockauto is where I buy almost all my random parts for cheaper than every where else. And they have codes for 5-10% off which makes it nice.

• Like 1

I went with a Sachs XT6 clutch kit that I ordered locally for my EJ22 swap. Not enough miles on it yet to comment on longevity, but it feels/works great so far. GD has said just to buy the XT6 pressure plate from the dealer. I have no idea if they can still get them - pretty spendy option last time I priced it.

I've had no problems with the 4wd EA82 clutch and the Flywheel machined to the XT6 spec. (shallower step, which makes the PP clamp tighter)

IIRC

4cyl vs 6cyl

.890 vs .815

After talking around, I've decided to do exactly this. Do you by any chance know how far you can go under the .890" spec.? .075" under spec seems like a lot, when I planned to start at .010" under spec after talking with a clutch rebuilder!

Thanks for the input

Josh

After talking around, I've decided to do exactly this. Do you by any chance know how far you can go under the .890" spec.? .075" under spec seems like a lot, when I planned to start at .010" under spec after talking with a clutch rebuilder!

Thanks for the input

Josh

If he's an ARBA memeber he should have access to the specs for EA82 4wd and ER27(6cyl) flywheel specs.

JUst tell him to use the XT6 spec.

If he's an ARBA memeber he should have access to the specs for EA82 4wd and ER27(6cyl) flywheel specs.

JUst tell him to use the XT6 spec.

I was asking if you knew how far under .890 spec you can go. I've gathered that .815 works on a ea82 4wd clutch, but I was looking for the limitations, if you've gone past .075" under.

I used to be an auto machinist and wouldn't consider taking anything to anyone that wasn't ARBA certified. Thanks for the help

Josh