Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone in NNJ that works on 2.2l?- bent valves

Hey everyone,

I was doing a timing belt job on my 98 legacy, and I managed to jump a couple of teeth while I was putting it back together, and I ended up bending the valves (I think).

Anyway, now I can't get it to start, and I don't really have the time or a place to work on it. I was looking into buying rebuilt aluminum heads and getting them installed, but am having trouble finding a good shop.

Anyone in northern NJ know of a good shop? Or even better, is there anyone on this site near NNJ that has pulled heads on a 2.2 and wants to make some money? I'd be willing to help out too, I'm competent enough that I'd attempt this on my own if I had the place/tools to do it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe a couple teeth will cause bent valves. Do you have the correct marks lined up? Especially on the crank pulley, it's the mark on the little "tab" type thing (crank sensor trigger)... not the arrow on the face of the crank.

Hopefully this wasn't redundant.

2011-02-08_060001_tbelt4.gif

TomSVX I think his name is here. He's one of the guys who had "All We'll Drive" repair and mod shop. Last I knew he was up that way.

Good luck.

Tom has disapeared off the face of the earth, and he was more south Jersey.