Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone in NNJ that works on 2.2l?- bent valves

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jakethesnake

jakethesnake

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hey everyone,

I was doing a timing belt job on my 98 legacy, and I managed to jump a couple of teeth while I was putting it back together, and I ended up bending the valves (I think).

Anyway, now I can't get it to start, and I don't really have the time or a place to work on it. I was looking into buying rebuilt aluminum heads and getting them installed, but am having trouble finding a good shop.

Anyone in northern NJ know of a good shop? Or even better, is there anyone on this site near NNJ that has pulled heads on a 2.2 and wants to make some money? I'd be willing to help out too, I'm competent enough that I'd attempt this on my own if I had the place/tools to do it.

Thanks!

#2 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

TomSVX I think his name is here. He's one of the guys who had "All We'll Drive" repair and mod shop. Last I knew he was up that way.

Good luck.

#3 [HTi]Johnson

[HTi]Johnson

Head Trauma, inc.

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Coburg, Or.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

I don't believe a couple teeth will cause bent valves. Do you have the correct marks lined up? Especially on the crank pulley, it's the mark on the little "tab" type thing (crank sensor trigger)... not the arrow on the face of the crank.

Hopefully this wasn't redundant.
Posted Image

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,594 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

TomSVX I think his name is here. He's one of the guys who had "All We'll Drive" repair and mod shop. Last I knew he was up that way.

Good luck.

Tom has disapeared off the face of the earth, and he was more south Jersey.

#5 davebugs

davebugs

I don't "friend"

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Pittsburgh suburbs (NE)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

I should be parting a 2.2 soon (probably 96 0r 97 and should have good used heads.

PM me if that's something you'd be interested in and I'll check them out.

#6 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Shop was in south jersey but Tom was working up north as they were closing AWD in west creek.

#7 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Where in Jersey are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users