Ultimate Subaru Message Board

torque steer?

It shouldn't be torque steer. Our Subarus have equal length halfshafts so we don't have "MORE" torque making its way to one wheel on a regular basis. could be that the engine's torque is lifting the right side of the car, unloading that wheel. My Benz does this, and it usually spins the right rear tire unless I'm turning.

torque steer ive noticed in my wagon will pull left, then right and even out. the equal length half shafts HELP but there is still torque steer. just seems that it evens itself out. unlike in my KIA (transversly mounted engine/transmission) where the uneven lenght halfshafts make it pull hard to one side and I end up fighting it with teh steering wheel.

I find my wagon scrabbles like a cat on a hardwood floor when in 2WD and the surface is a bit slippery (rain, sand, etc.). Firs one side, then the other, oscillating teh gripping wheel back and forth several times before hookng up. My buddy's EA81 did it way worse, though.

My AWD Corolla never did it. Probably because of having only 1/2 the torque at any wheel. Yay AWD!