Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help remove hill holder

Part# 070430BP

http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DORN/070430BP.oap?ck=Search_N1163_-1_-1&pt=N1163&ppt=C0248

This unions needs3/16 Inch Tube x 3/8-24 Male fittings. Short or long

For example something like this below

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EDE0/121030/N1164.oap?ck=Search_N1164_-1_-1&categoryRedirect=N1164&pt=N1164&ppt=C0248

I fully understand about the daily driver.

Also I might keep the mechanical brake there too because I am redoing the system into a two channel system front and rear. It would be nice in an event of a failure for the car to be able to still always have at least front brakes. Its gonna look wacky with two e brake levels. But also for inspection and safety it is probably worth it.

Edited by D3F0

Thank you for the ideas and part numbers.

The "T" looks like it has a straight pass only, no seats at all?

... Its gonna look wacky with two e brake levels ...

Long ago I shared my information in a Writeup regarding how to install a Rear parking brake on the third gen Leone (EA82 or Loyale) models, on which I stated on the last paragraphs, that having two levers, one for the Front parking Brakes, and another for the Rear parking Brakes, is like having a poor man's differential Lock on handy, ideal for wheeling offroading.

Here is the Writeup, in case you want to see Photos and read further information on the subject:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/129779-the-definitive-rear-e-brake-retrofit-solution/

Kind Regards.

... I already looked at that thread I thought it was pretty cool.

Thank you!

What do you mean no seats? ...

Some fittings for brake piping, have Bubble seat, others have Flared Seat, and others have inverted flare seat. This is an Example of the Fittings and their appropriate Seats, take from another automotive Forum where also I post:

DiferentesRoscas.jpg

So, with that "T" I will need to obtain a small portion of Brake line pipe,

and some Fittings like this ones:

2-SMCSwap.jpg

So, I'll need to know which kind of Seats has the "T" to receive the Fittings.

Kind Regards.

I would use inverted flare fittings, just like the others on the car

Yes, that's exactly what I want to use, otherwise I will need to obtain some adapters, and I really dislike to use Adapters, except on emergency cases, or for short time until finding the proper part.

I really liked this design better:

BQ91A.jpg

But I never found out which style of seat does it have.

Also, a used part from another car might be a direct replacement: long ago I readed here on the forums, that certain Toyotas from the 1980's and 1990's decades (Hi-Lux 22R Pick Up) had a "T" with a longer part that is a direct fit, even with the proper seats; but I never obtained further information about that... I hope that someone here will know and enlighten our path.

Kind Regards.

It uses an inverted(convex) flare and seat is outward.

The fitting I linked is the correct one for the T I linked. Its not a bubble flare for the inward one you showed.

Its a double inverted. To make this flare you use the flare tool twice.

This flare works perfect they are all the same design on the inside

IMAG0853_1.jpg

Once with flare fitting on and once with it off directly against the flared end to flare the inside so it will pull itself shut. 

The end result looks like this

IMAG0855_1.jpg

Its called a double inverted flare. 

The T uses 3/16 Inch Tube x 3/8-24 Male fittings. Short or long

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EDE0/121030/N1164.oap?ck=Search_N1164_-1_-1&categoryRedirect=N1164&pt=N1164&ppt=C0248

See that is the exact one I used on this line

IMAG0863.jpg

It screws tight and locks in place no problem. Just gotta really tighten these things.

Edited by D3F0