Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The odd ball

89ChevondaSI

What sort of ground clearance are you getting now? Thing looks pretty good!

Is there a mod list somewhere?

Iv got 10 1/2" to the oil pan and 11 3/4" to the rear diff.

suspension mod list;

OB KYB struts all around,

1" subtle solutions lift spacers,

forester Rear springs,

OB rear trailing arm brackets,

MB motoring wheels. 15x6.5 with +38 offset

Hankook Dynapro MT's LT215/75R15's

performance mods;

Rebuilt 2.5L DOHC,

milled heads to bump up compression,

valve job,

UEl header,

Ported intake Manifold and Throttle Body,

custom exhaust,

Snorkel,

K&N filter.

then lots of other random stuff. :D

Iv got a tractor flap I put on when it rains.

But just got 1/4" aluminum Plate for my front bumper.

100_2864.jpg

Are you going to put some slots or holes in the plate to allow some air flow into the radiator, or you're getting enough air in there even with the plate in place?

Cheers

Bennie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

keep in touch with me on the EG33 swap. My SVX body/chassis is getting worn out to the point of its a money pit so I've been comtemplating dumping the motor into my lifted OB

My biggest hurdle is the wiring harness merge. I have a spare 92 (04/91 mfg date) SVX at the shop with the engine already pulled so as soon as we see some temps above 15F I'll start pulling the harness.

Did you notice any powerband shift running the UEL header over stock exhaust? I've been close to buying a set of headers from subie101, but if theres not a noticeable difference the $$$ could go to a different part of the car (like a LSD front carrier)

Snorkel setup, are you running a pre-filter at the end of the snorkel or just 1 air filter before the MAF?

Sorry bout all the questions, just not too many Gen1 outbacks/Gen2 Legos that are lifted and actively post on the board

alright. so as for the UEl i might have lost a tiny bit of low end torque but that's it. Idk about you guys but I got mine for $150ish off ebay new, sure its a replica, but I sure as hell aint gunna spend $300 on a header for an n/a.

Then as for the snorkel it runs into the stock airbox, quick hp is to swap the tube from the filter box to the TB off a 2.2. they dont have that stupid box. just that and new breather hoses is all that entails. easy and cheap.

Then to prevent anything big from coming in the end I actually have a shower drain insert glued in to keep stuff out.

alright. so as for the UEl i might have lost a tiny bit of low end torque but that's it. Idk about you guys but I got mine for $150ish off ebay new, sure its a replica, but I sure as hell aint gunna spend $300 on a header for an n/a.

Then as for the snorkel it runs into the stock airbox, quick hp is to swap the tube from the filter box to the TB off a 2.2. they dont have that stupid box. just that and new breather hoses is all that entails. easy and cheap.

Then to prevent anything big from coming in the end I actually have a shower drain insert glued in to keep stuff out.

just to expand on the intake tube, it's gotta be a pre 97 ej22, mine had the big stupid box till the other evening

love this car btw, one of a few that made me spend the time finding the struts and springs to get mine in the air

• 5 months later...