Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1986 GL Sedan - NED

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Whoo hoo I like this section! Purpose built for Members Rides and the mods done. Now (although slow) I can start modding Ned and doing improvements or non-improvements :confused: as the case may be. Beware, PICTURES in the first few posts!

This is Ned, I purchased him from GeneralDisorder with 164K:
Posted Image

After the 2.5" Glasspack was installed (OBK25XT) I bought a set of 15" recessed Peugeot wheels:
Posted Image

And still enjoyed the time offroad:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Still did great in the snow with the D/R:
Posted Image

Bought and installed some 6000K HIDs:
Posted Image

Left my windows open and found my cat in approval of NED:
Posted Image

Sold my peugeots :(
Posted Image

Still had fun offroad:
Posted Image

Found a local Subaru group to hang out with:
Posted Image

Simple mod; painted my wiper arms:
Posted Image

As he currently sits with the tinted tail-lights:
Posted Image

There will be more to come! Have some modifications/additions coming up soon and hope to have quite a few things done/improved before WCSS14 :banana:

#2 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

While waiting on some items for newer mods... :horse:

I painted my grill black... Minus subaru emblem... but I kinda like it that way... looks clean.... it may get the Subaru emblem if I find a REALLY nice one for it...

Posted Image

#3 Moosen

Moosen

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Big Sky, MT

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Why'd you sell your pugs!!

#4 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Why'd you sell your pugs!!

Needed the money :/ but Ill get new wheels sooner rather than later :brow:

#5 JSadler

JSadler

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Nashville

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Lol...I miss that boxy look cars used to have!

#6 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

What might this be.... :brow:

Posted Image

#7 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Maxima alternator upgrade on hold, alternator died before/after install... gotta try again :Flame: :popcorn:

These are in progress too, gonna sand them or find a place to blast them and then paint them gunmetal in color :brow:

Posted Image
Posted Image

On the car: Still lifted on the jack, forgot to lower it, and the tire is a 185/80/13 so the car would look WAYYY higher than itll ever be... Im thinking of talking to a Datsun buddy of mine, hes got 205/60/13s and I think those would look, handle pretty amazing compared to my current 175/70/13s
Posted Image

#8 Rust

Rust

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • The Sticks

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Those rims are jackmans for a EA71 era subaru's. The curved style may fit better on a EA82 car, you may have to do some tweaking to get them to work w/o rubbing. Nice car, looks sweet.

#9 shortysayhi

shortysayhi

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Conifer (outside denver)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Those rims are jackmans for a EA71 era subaru's. The curved style may fit better on a EA82 car, you may have to do some tweaking to get them to work w/o rubbing. Nice car, looks sweet.

Curved ones were older (and made by Subaru). I have the same set of flat spoke jack mans and they work great. The problem is the older ones wont clear the calipers so they bind and won't work (on my gl10). Just my .02

#10 Pooparu

Pooparu

way too obsessed

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

You know that GD has a cabnet sand blaster and would probably let you use it. I've blasted a couple of sets at his house.

#11 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Curved ones were older (and made by Subaru). I have the same set of flat spoke jack mans and they work great. The problem is the older ones wont clear the calipers so they bind and won't work (on my gl10). Just my .02

I thought Jackmans had no issues on EA82s since hey were flat-spokes?

#12 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

You know that GD has a cabnet sand blaster and would probably let you use it. I've blasted a couple of sets at his house.

I have been meaning to ask him, I just want to have a better concrete schedule on it...

GOOD NEWS (TO THOSE READING THIS)
I HAVE AN OFFICIAL JOB... Bring on the upgrades :Flame:

#13 shortysayhi

shortysayhi

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Conifer (outside denver)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

I thought Jackmans had no issues on EA82s since hey were flat-spokes?

Yes Jackmans dont have issues. It's the "Subaru" version which are the more curved ones that have some problems on ea82's

#14 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Yes Jackmans dont have issues. It's the "Subaru" version which are the more curved ones that have some problems on ea82's

To me those are just wagon wheels and dont count :headbang:

#15 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Been awhile since I updated... been working a lot :clap:

Have a few things coming, unfortunately no pics :/ but Ill work on it as ACTUAL progress commences (also been in the garage on an EJ22 reseal, so poor Ned isnt getting too much attention)

Before WCSS I hope to have my Jackmans painted... Not sure if I wanna plastidip, spray paint, or save money and powdercoat... Its questionable, just comes down to savings and time... less than a month! :headbang:

Fridays purchase:
205/60/13 tires (I like wider tires) :brow:

Recently:
Got new Maxima alternator, need to go to GDs and have him install it (tried once, and either I failed, or the alternator failed, either way, alternator died)
New subwoofer (Alpine E12) which is having issues with my wiring that worked before :confused:
New battery, which fried the stereo deck somehow, so I put in a new deck.

Considering another EA82 to drop in Ned for awhile... the HG leak has me worried about overheating when its warm outside... No coolant leaks, but I am still not trusting not to fry soon. Maybe just a coolant flush?

Gonna powerwash the engine bay shortly ;) will take pics.

#16 Mechanical_misfit

Mechanical_misfit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • Muskegon, MI

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

where are you getting those tires from? I can't seem to find that size locally.

#17 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Craigslist.
They arent usual sizing, but the tread appears real deep, so I figure by the time I need new tires again, Ill just sell my wheels and upgrade to the 5 lug swap :) since the 5 lug is in the future, just not sure when.

#18 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Think you could get a shot of your track when you get the 205's mounted up on the car? I'd like to see how wide they look..

#19 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm running 205's on an '80 Brat. They aren't that big.

#20 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

They arent huge... but I can tell they are wider, Ill get pics up when I get them mounted, hopefully sandblasting at GDs here soon.

#21 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Well, MAJOR change up in plans... Got permanently hired at the place I work... so its onto spending the money...

Coming up in a short few months.

LED dashboard - got the LEDs in the mail today - may go for a red-tint if I can remove the green tint I currently have. (Loyale 2.7 Turbo)
5 Lug swap (YUPP!) - Following Numbchux's wagon in sedan form.
Projector Headlights (Turbones Swap)

And just for fun, 2 Kicker L5 Solo Barics and a 1200 watt amp :D

Im kinda torn between two sets of wheels..
17X7.5 Rota Grids (painted black)
17X8 TSW Mugello

The Rotas I can buy next week... but Im curious as to how theyd look on Ned... I need a photoshop expert.

#22 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I love Grids cause they look like Volks and I love Mugellos cause they look like Hockenheims.

But I would be different and do the Mugellos. Grids are one of the most overplayed wheels out there, period.......

#23 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

That is true... everyone has em... But not many have em on an EA82 :headbang: I think it will just depend on what is "right" at the time... If they are gone when I can "afford" them then it wasnt meant to be...

New addition to the list... Valve Cover Gaskets and air hoses... mine are soaked in oil.

#24 wentz912

wentz912

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Kelso, WA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Marshall, just remember that is absolutely NO SUCH THING as a "permanent" job. I know it's fun to get stuff done with your car, and I'm not discouraging that one bit. But, you of all people on this board know that things can and will blow up in your face and set you back quite a bit.

All I'm really saying, is maybe slow down a bit with the car and sock away some money in case things do get bad again. Would suck to see you have to give up your project or something to pay off bills because you ran out of cash.

On a lighter note, I've got some 04-06 WRX/Legacy wheels that I'd let go for SUPER cheap if you're interested. I need to make a run down your way soon anyhow.

#25 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Now that its officially mine...

Subaru #6 (if parts cars count) :headbang:

1988 XT6
Posted Image

Will be using the 5 lug parts and the sway bars and probably the front seats for Ned then parting out the rest.

Also going to be purchasing 2 EA82s from Tractor Pole to put together and make a running one for Ned... the current one is letting go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users