Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 GL Sedan - NED

92_rugby_subie

Sweet progress dude! One thing I can add for your five lug swap, it's WAY easier just to unbolt the trailing arms and everything all together from the rear and move the whole assembly over than to take everything apart!

Do I need to replace any bushings? I think Ill do Legacy/Impreza stuff up front though... For ease of finding parts later on down the road... Im still researching to make sure I get the small details figured out :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been awhile since anything on Ned. Began parting out the XT6, but then sold the 5 lug stuff to another member.

Neds coming along great, hes had a mystery issue with fuel (sometimes he wont run) which he just got back from 2 weeks at a car hospital where they couldnt get him to mimic his symptoms more than once so they could run tests... So for now hes back in my possession and he got a treat for coming back.

From this:

OldCorners_zps4cf01d9e.jpg

To this (Thanks OBK25XT)

NewCorners_zpsca6b3e28.jpg

And as he sits today (Thanks to P2THC)

OMGHigh_zps29938829.jpg

BRANDNEW_zpsede01229.jpg

Im not worried about ground clearance... 

I dont want him lifted though. As soon as I can afford it, hes getting brand new 205/50/15s all the way around which are about the same overall size as my stockers were. Then Im looking into the Miata lowering modification and an RX body kit to finish the visuals (for now). 

For those wondering, the tires are 215/65/15 Bridgestone studless snowtires. They are about 26" and I do rub on turns and over hard bumps. I will get some ground clearance pictures in the morning and hopefully post them soon.