Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wouldn't put a CAI on a 1.8 or a 2.2. One deep puddle and your engine is toast.

Besides, it won't net you very much HP anyway, at least not enough to warrant the work of installing it. Put a K&N panel filter in the airbox. It's the best intake you can have.

I wouldn't put a CAI on a 1.8 or a 2.2. One deep puddle and your engine is toast.

Besides, it won't net you very much HP anyway, at least not enough to warrant the work of installing it. Put a K&N panel filter in the airbox. It's the best intake you can have.

I put a K&N filter as the first "mod". Also a Stromung catback exhaust (2.5") and have also removed the snorkus. Lastly, I cut out the bottom of the airbox that contains the filter. Guess that's all I can do....

The hp gained is substantial...at least that's what the seat of my pants says!

Don't throw away the snorkus! You need the pipe that runs from the filter box into the fender! Cut it off just below where it has turned and points straight down. Attach a velocity stack and viola:

http://www.geocities.com/vik2r/Sube/intake1.jpg

I tried a number of things on my Legacy and this gave the absolute best throttle response and pure, race-bred intake howl.

Don't throw away the snorkus! You need the pipe that runs from the filter box into the fender! Cut it off just below where it has turned and points straight down. Attach a velocity stack and viola:

http://www.geocities.com/vik2r/Sube/intake1.jpg

I tried a number of things on my Legacy and this gave the absolute best throttle response and pure, race-bred intake howl.

Sorry, I can't access that image without passwords, etc. Can you post it somewhere else? Since I have already removed the bottom of the airbox, perhaps this is a moot point.

hey whats up, im dgerard's son, :headbang: , and primary driver of the impreza :banana: . someone must know the difference between a 2.2 and 1.8, whether it is bolt patterns or the throttle plate is facing in a dif direction or closer/further from the firewall. and what do you mean by not putting an intake on bc of hitting a puddle? to me that seems like telling someone not to lower their car because there may be a rock in the road that they cant clear, well, go around it.