Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea71 flywheel on ea82 crank...???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PoorManzImpreza

PoorManzImpreza

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • BARBADOS

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:01 PM

ok Guys'n'gals

I got an ea71 flywheel that I'm thinking of getting redrilled to ea82 pattern..what I'm curious about is, other than the bolt pattern and timing marks, if the flywheels are otherwise the same? Ignoring to some extent weight differences...

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:54 PM

we drilled the flywheel holes on an 81 glf to fit an ea82 motor, the holes are the same, just drilled out in diameter. the timing marks will be off, but you can get odegbtdc from the cam pulleys

#3 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 27 March 2004 - 12:10 AM

This all depends on the year, which the EA71 flywheel came come. I know that the early EA71 flywheels (where the starter mounted at the top of the bell housing) were smaller in diameter then the EA81/EA82 flywheels. The difference is enough that the starter will not engage the gear that goes around the flywheel. Also the distance between the center of the flywheel to the centers of the boltholes is also different. There may not be enough material to re-drill the EA82 bolt pattern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users