Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My first Subaru, and it is so great.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ptmacp

Ptmacp

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Old Saybrook, CT

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just purchased a 2004 Outback and it is so fantastic I can't stop smiling. I am a l former Land Cruiser owner ('76, '93) and restorer, old BMW junkie (88 535is now sold off) and I just love this outback. It has 150k and looks and drives like it was built a month ago. I need to get another 100k out of it so I will be here a lot to learn and share. I do all my own repairs and maintenance so this board will be my lifeline. Howdy all! :banana:

#2 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

Oh come on now, Ptmacp, tell us how you really feel. :burnout:

(Welcome aboard--you're gonna' love this place!)

#3 sandyamikoff

sandyamikoff

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • California

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Congrats. Once you get your first Subaru you'll have to get another. They're like potato chips!

#4 Ptmacp

Ptmacp

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Old Saybrook, CT

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I didn't get a car fax report prior to buying this thing, maybe I should have. I don't know. I have never have bothered with it but this thing is so clean I was just dying to know if there was something going on, like, this is too good to be true. So After i got it home I entered the VIN at the carfax site and it says there ar 34 records and for $40 I can see them. I am pretty cheap so I haven't done it. Would it make sense to do so or should I whistle past the graveyard?
Pete

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,891 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

I would be too curious not to.

#6 edrach

edrach

Charter member OFRT

• Members
  • 12,324 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

I didn't get a car fax report prior to buying this thing, maybe I should have. I don't know. I have never have bothered with it but this thing is so clean I was just dying to know if there was something going on, like, this is too good to be true. So After i got it home I entered the VIN at the carfax site and it says there ar 34 records and for $40 I can see them. I am pretty cheap so I haven't done it. Would it make sense to do so or should I whistle past the graveyard?
Pete

Generally speaking, if you shop around you can get a single use autocheck for $10. Most of the records are title changes and such and mileages are almost always missing because no one seems to record/report them anymore. If you search around you might be able to get your autocheck for free. Best of luck with your new car from a current Subaru nut and former BMW nut (helped start the NJ chapter of the BMWCCA group in 1970 or so).

#7 Ptmacp

Ptmacp

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Old Saybrook, CT

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

Many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users