Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'88 XT6 - Shortysayhi

shortysayhi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can press a new bushing into these. Granted, you need to find a bushing that fits. I want to say this was done to Monster Wedge 2 yrs ago. I rode in it before dude swapped it out, and omg the clunk from the diff hitting the underbody was bad.

You're gonna have a nice car man!

Thanks! I drove it for the first time over 15 mph. Just got to bump up the idle. And work on the suspension. But new OEM parts are better then used or re modified.

+1 to that! I would rather blow $170 on a new genuine part, then finding a used one.

I would have bought an XT4 EA82T. But it won't make it in the driveway without ripping off the front bumper lol. Wagons it is.

Gotta say, I like that color. Gotta find the JDM front markers that stick out from the fender!

+1 to that! I would rather blow $170 on a new genuine part, then finding a used one.

I would have bought an XT4 EA82T. But it won't make it in the driveway without ripping off the front bumper lol. Wagons it is.

Gotta say, I like that color. Gotta find the JDM front markers that stick out from the fender!

You always could have raised the xt4, but i have never seen those markers your talking about...

I hate to say it, but the owners before i got the car deffinetly abbused it.

Well last night while going to king soopers, my drivers side auto seat belt thing broke, the cable came out of the track, and I'm pretty sure the motor got fried, because i fixed the area where the cable pops out of the track, and now the motor doesn't extend/ retract... so i got it in the lowest possible place and just have to un-hook and re hook all the time.

I like it too, just it needs a fresh paint job! because i washed her today, and found this... guess it was there when i bought it... :(

d7194ad5.jpg

This was today. My xt6 needs to be lower tho

fdc32c09.jpg

Cybrid isn't cheap fo sho... I truly think this was some "Ahead of its time" engineering that was unneeded. Although, I think you could run a normal power steering pump with the Cybrid system. MilesFox put an XT6 steering rack in his '86 3-Door, it has a tighter turning radius btw.

Cybrid isn't cheap fo sho... I truly think this was some "Ahead of its time" engineering that was unneeded. Although, I think you could run a normal power steering pump with the Cybrid system. MilesFox put an XT6 steering rack in his '86 3-Door, it has a tighter turning radius btw.

how would you change the pump? because cybrid isn't belt driven... so how would you and where would you put a pump?

Those would be sweet to get! I kinda want to get those fog light covers, but its more stuff that i don't NEED... but want!:clap:

Found out that i can get a NEW power steering pump/ reservoir for a whopping $800... and used are 300-400.

Not clear why you need a new pump but if the pump is still there, all it needs is cleaned and new brushes to work. The pump is powered by an electric motor. The insides of the motor gets really nasty after many years and the brushes wear out. Clean it and install new brushes for about $30 and you will be good to go.

I have the seat belt thing you need and also a full can of the special power steering fluid.

brought it in for an alignment but since my power steering rack isn't in good shape (rocks in the boot etc) it won't hold alignment so i had to get another and the shop found one!

I think go subaru has the kit to fix the brushes, guess ill have to order that once i get back from cali.

Also it takes "special" power steering fluid? what kind?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well heres an update!!

- New rear swaybar bushings!

- new oil pressure sending unit (OEM can get part # for subaru)

- New alternator

- New belts

- New glovebox lock from subaru (can get part #)

- And some tint on the front window

Running like a champ!!! Gotta get emissions after i come back from isreal!!:headband:

And i ran into another XT6 Owner up where i live!! he's got a red one!!:headbang::headbang:

Edited by shortysayhi

• 2 weeks later...

Now back from Israel heres the update... on the 15th i lost my clutch pedal while driving... it went straight to the floor. so now I'm looking around for a full clutch kit, ordered a new oem clutch cable.

would anyone recommend staying away or getting a exedy oem clutch kit #15009?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A Turbo is gonna be more easy. But a Super charger is cool!

yeah i wanna supercharge it, but i really dont wanna hack the hood etc. it needs to be stealth unless i can get my hands on a oem svx supercharger intake...

turbo im going to end up porting the valves

rear mount turbo it! basically put the turbo at the end of the exhaust and run your piping from there. you need a high temp oil pump but thats about it. and with the tight spaces in that engine bay it seems like the only answer..

heres a how to http://www.junkyardturbos.com/Rear-Mount-Turbo.php

:burnout::headbang:

i do like that idea, but this is what i am thinking... (gave me the idea for the turbo instead of supercharger)

i dont want the turbo on the bottom cuz of snow... :/