Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Nissan 200sx calipers

Naked Buell

Hey guys. So I swapped my 85 Brat to 5 lug and rear disc but everyone knows subies e brake is in the front. Being I changed to legacy front discs I don't have an e brake. I was referred to Nissan 200sx rear calipers that have the attachment for the e brake. Nissan had an 1.6 and 2.0. Does anyone have all the information I need for the right rear calipers? Thxs guys

Somehow I am in the Same boat, Lookin' for Rear e-Brake conversion too...

As far as I Know, the Nissan 240SX (a.k.a: Nissan Silvia) Rear disc Calipers fits better than the 200SX ones on the Subie's Rear discs, 'cos in the 4WD subies, the 200SX ones had a Problem with their e-Brake arm: it will hit the CV joint's base, but the 240SX ones Won't.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

... I swapped my 85 Brat to 5 lug and rear disc ...

You didn't specify if that Rear Disc brake Setup that your Brat has, came from the XT6 or the Legacy, because the Above posted information is aplicable to the GL10 / XT Turbo EA82 Rear Discs, which are the ones I have.

I don't know if the Legacy / XT6 Rear Discs uses the same Calipers... I don't think so.

Kind Regards.

so not completely on topic but if want to keep your front ebrake....

I was able to retain my front calipers from my 91 loyale with EJ knuckles.

the knuckles were off of a 94 AWD Impreza, (I believe the trick is to find one that came with 13" or 14" wheels, it also had a single piston caliper) swapped over the caliper pins from the ea82 to the ej knuckles and put the calipers on.

EJ knuckles, hubs, rotors, caliper bracket and EA82 front calipers.

works great in my application.

Ben

You didn't specify if that Rear Disc brake Setup that your Brat has, came from the XT6 or the Legacy, because the Above posted information is aplicable to the GL10 / XT Turbo EA82 Rear Discs, which are the ones I have.

I don't know if the Legacy / XT6 Rear Discs uses the same Calipers... I don't think so.

Kind Regards.

ea82 and xt6 calipers are same same.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... it could be Done with some Work I Guess...

I've Uploaded a Writeup, full of Pictures about my own Rear e-Brake Retrofitting Experience; you can reach it,

Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134321

I Hope it could be Helpful.

Kind Regards.