Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 GL10 Turbo -Shortysayhi

shortysayhi

Well lets see, my dad's mom (my grandmother) bought this car 2 years after it came out. its been sitting for 10 years and revived the past year.

Original

DSC00890.jpg

i got in a accident

6d1619e8.jpg

Digital dash

car2.jpg

Sti wing, and Hks - Ti exhaust (3.5 inch)

2f76a21d.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

56c3deb1.jpg

a597fce7.jpg

HID PROJECTOR conversion.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

it just rolled over 123,456 miles.

the pneumatic air suspension system worked but one strut after another started to go so it got swapped to coil overs.

Edited by shortysayhi
  • Like 1

I think the wing is too rounded for that body style, but to each his own!

It's the boxyist wing I could find for a Subaru that's not aluminum. But it works. 75mph and up you feel the rear grab. And if it's windy you don't get thrown around.

But recently (the other day) it started burning quite a bit of oil... And I don't know why...

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten my last 2 oil changes thinking they were using 10w30, and this past month i started to smoke and burn oil, today i found out subaru uses 5w30 where its recommended that you use 10w30, got it swapped out and haven't seen white smoke at all!! :clap:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now my next question is.... If I go 5 lug (xt6 hubs) will I run into a problem with the spline count in the axles vs the ones on the hubs?

Or should I get 6 lug wheels like O.C.D got for his brat? The white 15's.

Id go with something that you don't run into problems with haha. 6lug hub drill is pretty sweet, to save time for me I drilled the rims to fit my turbo 4 lug, 15" yota rims look really nice on my Subaru! :headbang: the re drilling the hub looks a little more sleek. Haha

-Prwa AAE

Now my next question is.... If I go 5 lug (xt6 hubs) will I run into a problem with the spline count in the axles vs the ones on the hubs?

Or should I get 6 lug wheels like O.C.D got for his brat? The white 15's.

Which end are you concerned about? The rear is bolt it up and go. To save time with mine I just bolted up the trailing arms from an XT6 with the hubs and brake parts still on there and was done. With the front, you shouldn't have to really do anything axle wise except make sure you have the ones that match your hubs. You're already the more desirable/easier to convert 25 spline tranny stubs since yours is a turbo car.

im more concerned about the spline count on the hubs vs my turbo axles.

Also im concerned about changing spindles... i dont want to change spindles... if i can just replace the hubs that would be awesome since i have brand new suspension on the front and rear....

I was torn as well but then realized two things. 1 - less work in the end. My brat doesn't need a swap cause, well, it is never going to benefit from it. 2 - I can always pop out the extra lugs and move the others back to stock and use my stock wheels for some reason. Like if i ever get a hold of some Jackmans?!?! lol

I dunno as I am biased but the modern size and tires worked out great I think. Gave the Squirrel just enough to make her different but not too much.