Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

86 GL10 Turbo -Shortysayhi

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 shortysayhi

shortysayhi

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Conifer (outside denver)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Depends on cash flow, a good running ea82t could be had pretty cheap.(around here anyways.)
Or you could find a N/A block and make it turbo. it would also raise the compression ratio.

rebuilding would work too but it might start costing more than a donor engine.

If you have some money to kick around then obviously get the ej22t.:-p
that thing would be "rally" fast.

Awesome car btw!

I'm not looking into just swapping engines (ea82t). Or building a N/A block to become turbo (too much work and non reliable). If I stuck with the ea82t, it would be rebuilt.

I'm even considering buying another 22t (keeping the one for the brat on the side). And rebuilding that, then swapping it in...

I don't want the hassle of having a engine fail on me, if I don't know the history on it... Even tho it's more money up front it could save me later.

Thanks! I love it, still got a couple things I wanna do after the engine deal tho! :headbang:

#52 shortysayhi

shortysayhi

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Conifer (outside denver)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Ok so i dont know if this has been covered... but

EJ22t Swap... do you have to swap the legacy crossmember? YES, or NO?

also do i have to swap the crossmember to be able to run the LEGACY knuckles?

I really need to know ASAP!!!

#53 Derekstanelle

Derekstanelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Yakima, Wa

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

I really like the spoiler you have. I have the same car, any idea where I could get a spoiler like yours?? Shortysayhi

#54 KiwiGL

KiwiGL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Dunedin, NZ

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:09 AM

I really like the spoiler you have. I have the same car, any idea where I could get a spoiler like yours?? Shortysayhi

You could probably get one from any wrecker with an STi in stock, it's just a standard STi spoiler off a GD chassis by the look of it. Or try Ebay etc.

Also, any news about this car? It's a pretty unique look, the sedan with the RX kit and the STi spoiler and I liked it a lot.

Edited by KiwiGL, 02 November 2014 - 02:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users