Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New leather seats for my new Brat

vahidisabrat

Well, I'm finally done. I live in a high-rise apartment building with no place to work, so what I have accomplished here makes me very proud. The old Brat seats were super worn and dirty, and very uncomfortable. I picked up some Daewoo leather seats at the junkyard and retro fitted them into my sweet ride. They have worked out perfectly, matching color, and the driver side has built in mechanical tilt control and lumbar support. What do you think? I hope I haven't desecrated the sanctity of the Brat!

7333383820_8d1b5dbc79.jpg

7333385668_d4066c3805.jpg

7333484358_5bb487391d.jpg

Here is a pic of the donor car.

7333485660_ea4db82931.jpg

These are the seats in the Daewoo.

7333482918_f71b258ea5.jpg

I had to drill through 36 of these crazy hard rivits so I could bolt on some angle bar to mate up with the existing seat sliders, I felt so bad for my neighbors having to listen to my drilling racket.

Edited by vahidisabrat

I Believe that your Brat Looks Beautiful with those Leather Seats, Good Score! icon14.gif

... I haven't seen a Daewoo in a while.

That is Because Daewoo became Chevrolet ... we have Plenty of those Korean Chevrolets here in Latin America.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/20/officially-official-chevrolet-replaces-daewoo-name-in-korea/

Kind Regards.

Look great to me! Yeah those old seats do look a bit "worn". Are those brackets aluminum? I'd be kinda worried about making something like that from aluminum, unless its like 1/4' thick.

No, they were steel. Pretty beefy, I retained the existing rails Brat sliders and I'm worried they are actually the weak link.

Thanks for the compliments, I just gave them another layer of armor all and they're looking good. Very plush indeed. Daewoo seats worked pretty well since they were trying to be an economical car with a little extra zing, that means nice seats in a smaller footprint. And yeah, you don't really see them driving around anymore. The car at the junkyard that the head unbolted and I noticed most of the parts were GM. Kinda weird.