Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

97 outback

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

love what you have done to your outback. watching the vid with the headers, man do i miss my old 2.5rs with borla headers..... the sounds brought back so many memories...

#102 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Thanks, I love it too but this salt now has been causing havoc on my already rusty body panels... going to have to address those really soon!

#103 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

no doubt, they use too much salt on the roads on the east coast, lol. i am in maryland and they are talking about running out of salt already. scares me, honestly. will be even scarrier when i get my brat o nthe road, i dont want to see it crumble away to dust because of the road treating....

#104 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,231 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Screw salt, I noticed a tiny bubble starting on mom's 04 outback yesterday when I was visiting with her before work. So far my 97 is still relatively clean but it's only on its third east coast winter.

#105 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

hell, my 09 wrx already has rust, granted, one spot is on the roof and the other is above the trunk under the hatch....

#106 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Nothing to report, I think I'm going to take my vacation again this year like I did last.. save the $1K and buy the first batch of upgrades

#107 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Do you have a wing for the hatch of your outback?

#108 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Nope but going to replace the hatch and hood before I paint the car so I will be finding one with a wing.

#109 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

I wanted to tell you I moved this past weekend and came across a wing I pulled off of a junkyard car a while back when I had my 99' OBW, I also have the cargo cover thing that mounts back there and rolls up. It'd probably be easier to find a hatch with it already mounted cause I remember it might be a pain to drill out the holes and mount but I might be wrong.

#110 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yeah drilling a hole for the wing is something I don't want to do since I don't want to be off or anything like that.

#111 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

JDM taillights incoming from Poland sometime this week.. I ended up getting the whole set for $199 about the cheapest I could find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users