Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rearview mirrors with Compass and temperature sensors

Stubies Subie

Mine fell clear off the window the first time.. I had the feeling and so I went out to check and yep it fell, but 2 months ago I was reading the reviews of this guy and yeah one drop was not enough.. two was needed, it's solid.

And this last week it was showing 34F and it finally flashed ICE..

Now I need to move the temp probe, it's right in front of the battery and the hood temps can screw the temp up until I get moving, I got stuck in traffic in NYC about a month ago and it was showing 135F outside lol

I want to mount it on the bracket in front of the radiator but I need to put something between the two, just my luck and I punch my AC condenser and it will be a sucky winter!

The auto dim is sweet at night, no more 18 wheelers with crappy headlight aiming! or trucks with blinding HID headlights.. if you are going to do it do it right!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally found this thread!!!

My damn mirror fell off today, it was hot and I hit a pretty large bump and it fell right down onto my hand :( I was like ^&^%#$*( After all that last summer....

It did no damage when it fell off, the good thing is now I can put a darker color button on now instead of that shiny silver one.. any tips? I mean before I used two drops instead of the one they said because that stuff wont hold with just one..

Do I need the extreme rear view mirror stuff?