Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Slave Cylinder or Master Cylinder? Answer Is.... Neither!

make shure you lube the pivot ball on back side of fork and pivt on top of fork is comenly missed

Thanks for the reminder, no way I'd miss that. Last subaru clutch I did was because that was completely dry and the fork split in two at the pivot.

Got my flywheel today, $30 for a regrind, looks pretty good. I might do some tonight, but probably wait for the weekend.

Will-

Reassembled and functioning normally. Went pretty smoothly, smoothest one yet in fact. I guess practices DOES make perfect eh?

I have some questions about the clutch failure, but I'll start another thread for that.

Thanks to all the contributors!

Will-

One small tip have been running into the clutch peadal stuck to floor when hot engine the fix i found was to change out the fliud to dott 4 has a higher boiling point thiss seems to fix problem still a pain to bleed

I had that issue last year on my 97 OBW replaced the slave cylinder and that was the last of it.. Also bled it at the same time with a speed bleeder and it has never felt better!