Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 Subaru BRAT --- PDX

Reza

dont buy the "kit" get a electric choke weber from ebay or craigslist then buy the adapter plate seperate. with some minor bending and tweaking you can use your hitachi throttle lever. with a couple shims. 

• 1 month later...

Stained glass paint for the highs?

And for the Weber I cannot see how you did the choke cable? What is it connected to?

My Brat has no choke, so...

Also, that pic with the 4 standoffs, what are we looking at? What size standoffs?

Thanks.

Edited by O.C.D.

Stained glass paint for the highs?

And for the Weber I cannot see how you did the choke cable? What is it connected to?

My Brat has no choke, so...

Also, that pic with the 4 standoffs, what are we looking at? What size standoffs?

Thanks.

Yeah, I did the stained glass paint.. I can sand it off whenever I guess but I'll rock it for a little while longer.  as for my weber it's has electric choke. I can take more pictures tomorrow. what do you mean by standoffs? the vacuum lines that i capped off?

Yeah, I did the stained glass paint.. I can sand it off whenever I guess but I'll rock it for a little while longer.  as for my weber it's has electric choke. I can take more pictures tomorrow. what do you mean by standoffs? the vacuum lines that i capped off?

Yup the emissions crap you capped off.  What are they and where to buy?

For the choke is it just wired to a hot source?  That is what I can surmise from research.

I just ordered my carb and adapter for $259 shipped so I am stoked to throw it on after all the rebuild fun I have been doing.

As you know I am more than competent with this stuff I just don't know what to keep (EGR as an example) and what to cap?

Edited by O.C.D.

Yup the emissions crap you capped off.  What are they and where to buy?

For the choke is it just wired to a hot source?  That is what I can surmise from research.

I just ordered my carb and adapter for $259 shipped so I am stoked to throw it on after all the rebuild fun I have been doing.

As you know I am more than competent with this stuff I just don't know what to keep (EGR as an example) and what to cap?

I just took the vacuum lines to the autpart store and asked them for caps for roughly the same diameter hole. they have many different sizes.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this laying around, kind of tachy right? haha. anyway hooked it up to the lowbeams, works fine.

Waiting on a front RH CV joint as well as needing a strut. making progress, hope to be seriously cruising this month. runs and drives fine, but i'd like to replace the tie-rods and ball joints.
P1000306_zpseb444dc1.jpg
P1000302_zps0a3152de.jpg