Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Didn't want to pass up the opportunity to salute those Members in the Arizona area while visiting your state. Thinking of those that I saw at the WCSS (West Coast Subaru Shows) that are held yearly in WA. & OR. and they drove all that way from here!!!!! (Dave is from N.M. I believe... hey Dave)

I flew from Washington State to Phoenix last Friday to take my 15 year old daughter to the One Direction (think boy band) concert at arena down town Phoenix last Sunday. This is something she was dieing to do (life or death to a 15 yr. old girl) so I got tickets on the 11th row and off we flew!!!

We are staying in Mesa, AZ with family for a few more days and have to say what a cool place this is... Hot in Temp. as we left 65 deg. weather right into the 100+ temps...whew... but with relation here they have been taking my daughter and I to all the local touristy things to do. Also we drove down to Tucson and checked out tourist spots there ie., Titton missile museum, millitary air museum, Monestary etc, also went to lakes N. of Phoenix, didn't realize there were so many lakes! My daughter has seen allot of mix from rich to poverty, cacti to being on a jet for a trip.... her big thrill of course was seeing the boys on stage... (teenagers)

I looked in Craigslist for older roo's, hardly any except a 84 Hatch but the posting was deleted before I got around to calling on it so never got a chance to go see it.

So just wanted to say "Hi", sorry no opportunities to meet up but I have been wearing my WCSS shirt and keeping an eye out for the older roo's.

While driving around I noticed roads that dissapered into the desert and had I been in my older roo I would have snooped but noticed how rugged the hills are and at 107 deg. this area can be dangerous for the ill prepared. The sunsets are so impressive!

Always keeping an eye out for your older roo's to give a wave to you! (I swear I saw a Road runner go by while being chased by a Coyote that was wearing rocket shoes printed with ACME on the side!)

Regards, Indrid Cold

Edited by Indrid cold

Sounds like you had a great time in our fine state. You coulda come by to see my two 86 BRATS and my two 92 SVXs if I'd only known. :burnout: You definitely need to be prepared for desert 4-wheeling. It's no joke out there. That coyote might be chasing you if not!