Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new dude here... if anyone cares

hey everyone. my name is thomas (95monsterwagon) i live in cottage grove, WI. with my wife and 3 kids (2 daughters, 9&11, and my baby boy lincoln, 13 months old and awesome. i work at the dane county coliseum in madison. i got my first and only subaru ( 95 lego wagon) about 6 years ago and i love that car. just in the last year-year and a half ive really gotten into offroading/lifted/rally subies. im no stranger to cars, but im no ASE mech. until now alls i had was a few exterior lights, roof rack, and a homemade skidplate. but thanks to an awesome dude i met, matt i now have what i need to start really building my rig.(thanks matt, u are the shiznit) soon as i learn how to use this fricken camera ill get some pics of the rod and where shes at now. to anybody that made it this far into my schpeel, thank you, and im totally stoked to be a member here. thanks a butt load.

thanks, guys. yea matt is awesome. i also just met a dude named keaton who seems pretty cool too ( has one of the sweetest subs ive ever seen). well just got the front outback struts put on the 95 lego wagon. now i just gotta get the rear (03 or so foz struts) put on tomarro. ill get some pics after my wifes friend shows me how to use this dang camera. thanks for the welcome guys. looking forward to gettin to know some of you a bit better.

TOM! Welcome to the board!

yeah, post up pics as things progress. Probably in the member rides, or Off Road section. (I upload them to PhotoBucket) Lemme know if you hit any snags or need any hep with those rear struts. They were a bit of a pain when I put them under the impreza.

well today keaton came over and we got the rears bolted in. we didnt switch the tophats, we just thru the forester struts right in but now i know why you switch tophats, because the legacy tophats may have the same bolt pattern but theyre offset outwards. we bashed the inner wells in a bit to fit but one still rubs a bit so i gotta do a bit more bashing. thanks a crap load keaton

yeah i think about 1 3/4- 2 inches. as soon as the budget is on my side again il be looking into at least some 15" rims ( preferably cheap steelies) and of course some tires with some deep tread, bfg a/t ko, grabbers, or something. im going to attempt some lift spacers on my own but if not then im gonna need some. already got the templates made.