Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Internal Transmission Questions
Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:07 AM
1. put the 1st gear from a 1982 2nd generation Brat into a 3rd generation EA82 Wagon D/R Transmission?
2. put the 1st thru 5th gears of a 3rd generation 1987 Turbo RX into a 3rd generation EA82 Wagon D/R Transmission?
I am just looking at the possibilities of getting the lowest possible range out of a subaru transmission for the street driveability of larger tires and also off roading capabilities.
Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:11 AM
1. put 1st thru 4th gears from a manual RX tranny into the 2nd to 5th gear locations on an EA82 5sp D/R.
2. Find a granny gear at about a 6:1 range to replace the 1st gear. (dont know where to look for a granny gear)
Is this just wishful thinking? I have never looked into a manual tranny and dont really know the internal workings.........but this would make for a great rock crawling beast. Hopefully someone will tell me this is possible.
Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:39 AM
Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:41 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users